Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Hybrid Theory part 3

"Out of the skillet and into the fire"

3
3 Comments 3
1.6k Views 1.6k
742 words 742 words
Waking up I knew I was not ready to face the day ahead of me. Especially after that impromptu pack meeting last night. I got up and loped to the door, nudging it open with my nose. Taking a quick look around the hallway I tried to sneak to the kitchen, trying to not wake up my parents. Halfway down the stairs I ran into my mom waiting for me at the bottom of the steps. "Jaden Knight if you don't turn back into a human and get ready for school, I swear Ill take you out back and give you a flea bath!" was her morning greeting, smirk included.

Shifting back into a human I tried not to look too guilty. Moms have a natural ability to sniff out BS, Werewolf moms have that times a hundred. I turned around and headed back up to my room to get ready for a 'fun' day of school.

Passing Fade in the hallway, she smirked knowing I got caught. We headed into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast before heading out. Spotting Mom in the kitchen, I gave her a quick hug before grabbing an orange and running out the door.

See ever since I was a cub me and my mom have always been close. She taught me how to hunt, control my shifts, hide when stalking a herd of deer, talk to girls and a few other hundred things. Werewolves are creatures who love to be close to others, but even under those standards me and Mom we considered unnaturally close. Fade teased me about it since we got into high school, but who cares, she's jealous.

Walking to school, I could not shake the sense of dread I was feeling, even when we met up with our pack friends I still could not shake the feeling. Walking, we got lost in a random conversation until we got to the school. Huntington High, the school of survival and wilderness, our personal place of torture loomed in front of us. On a regular day the school seemed intimidating, but after the revealing and the meeting last night it seemed a whole lot more intimidating today.

We stopped talking as we neared the school entrance, walking past the humans staring at us as we went. I looked at some of the faces as we passed and I could not help but growl at the fear and hate I saw in people's eyes. Humans always hated what they feared and didn't understand.

We walked into the building and headed for the usual hangout spot, the school library. This was the best place to hangout while at school, and the best part was that the librarians never cared that people chilled in here, as long as we respected the books. But today was different, even the hangout spot had changed. On one side of the library was the supernaturals and on the other were the humans, a definite line was drawn between the two.

Shaking my head I went and sat next to my friend Greg, the socially awkward vampire. I tried to strike up a conversation but I learned pretty quickly that it was a wasted effort. Everyone, including me, was still bummed about the whole situation.

The rest of my day was pretty much like this until fifth period, when things finally took a turn for the good. I had math with Alexis Johnson, my girlfriend the human. At first I had a mild freak out because I totally forgot about her when everything happened, and last night I didn't call her. When class started she sat next to me like usual, while the other students stared in disbelief. Throughout class she would talk to me like nothing had changed. Right before class ended, we had fifteen minutes of free time, I stopped her.

"Do you know what I am?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, an elemental wolf hybrid, why?" she said like she just commented on the weather.

"And you don't hate me?" I asked completely confused.

"Why would I hate the guy I've been waiting for four years to ask me out? Even if you are supernatural, does not mean I still don't like you. Plus I already told you, I'm team Jacob," she said just as the bell rang. She kissed me on the cheek and ran off to our next class, with me fallowing like a love struck puppy.

Published 
Written by Darkangel
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments