Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Rise and Fall Ch 3

"Your wanting me to show more interest, to always keep a big bright smile ~Silent Scream"

11
10 Comments 10
826 Views 826
2.7k words 2.7k words
Fatima unlocked the door to her apartment complex, after having to catch two metro trains and a twenty-minute walk. She just wanted a hot shower and a good morning meal. She silently shut the door behind her and tiptoed to her room, peeking into each one to make sure the room was completely still. She snuck into her room, flopped onto her bed and pretended she was there the whole time.

Five minutes later, the light flicked on and she faked a hangover, "Ugh, what happened?" She squinted over at another girl with long hair drawn back into a ponytail.

"Looks like someone had another binging spree. I'm surprised you actually made it home this time and not with some creep." Fatima glared at the newcomer, as she continued, "you must have gotten home late last night."

"You wouldn't believe how slow the trains were last night!" Fatima tried to cover her ass.

"I would believe you, except I saw you come in five minutes ago." Fatima flinched and tried to find words to say. "You promised never to binge drink again, I even had to place a curfew on you! Where were you? You could have been killed!"

"I'm sorry Kate, I didn't intend to binge again. There was this guy."

"There's always a guy."

"And he stood me up."

"As they have all done in the past."

"And I went to meet my friend at the bar and got carried away by my emotions." Fatima gave Kate a defeated look. "I passed out and she took me back to her place where I woke up on her couch and came straight back here." Kate gave an irritated sigh. "I won't go back to the bar, I made a fool of myself again."

"And there you go again! Looking so sad and miserable, it's heartbreaking and you have to stop beating yourself up over every little thing Fatima!" She hugged the blond girl, "Now go take a shower. You smell like booze." Fatima laughed and made her way to the shower. Kate called, "Jasmine already left, I'm heading out as well. See you later, tonight."

"Okay, Kate!" She hummed to herself, as she started the shower. Stepping in she hesitated, as something felt off. "Kate are you still here?" She called out and heard no reply. "Perhaps I'm just hung over."

"Or you sense we're here," a voice stated. Fatima felt her face go pale. She was met by another pair of green eyes and a mess of black hair. She screamed and threw the bottle of shampoo at him, before grabbing a towel and yanking the towel holder off the wall.

"GET OUT!" She took a swing at him and hit the mirror shattering it. He dodged, but he was pulled back through the wall. "WHY!" She screamed tossing on a bathrobe edging her way around the glass. She opened the door with a loud bang. She opened the closet just outside the bathroom door and examined the contents before grabbing a spray bottle labeled holy water. She ran out to the main room, pointing the bottle. "Come on, demon. Think you can sneak a peek at me and get away with it?"

"Holy water will work, if only they were demons. Sadly I tried that and they're not." Fatima turned to see Dia sitting at the kitchen table eating some pancakes. "Not often I get to eat two breakfasts, though." Fatima looked at her in disbelief.

"Stop eating my breakfast!" Dia continued eating. "Where are they," she demanded.

"Where are who?" Dia said stuffing a bit of a pancake in her mouth.

"Those guys, especially the one that just, ugh men."

Dia tilted her head back and forth before replying, "Right behind you."

Fatima spun around on her heels, her eyes staring straight into Chris's eyes. They had glared at each other for a moment before she sprayed him in the face. It didn't affect him in any way, but holy water was one of the few objects that crossed realities. He wiped it off and flicked it back at her, she felt it sear her face.

"She's a demon," he established. Fatima took a step back. "Should we send her back to hell?" Chris turned to Dia, she continued to eat and looked at them sheepishly.

"Why would you do that?"

"She's a god damn demon that's why." Fatima sprayed him in the face again. He sharply glared at her, snatched the bottle and aimed it back at her. She flinched and raised her arms in defense.

"Chris, stop it!" Dia stood up and snatched the bottle from him. She turned to Fatima, "Sit down."

"How did you even get in here? Moreover, how did you even find me?" She sat down gingerly in a chair. Dia shoved the plate of half-eaten pancakes her way.

"The twins followed you." Dia reached her fork over for some more pancakes. "They relayed the information to us."

"And five minutes ago, who was that?"

"Jake." The boys shoved the guy forward. Fatima saw that he now had a black eye and in his ear a black earpiece. Fatima took the spray bottle.

"Bad, Jake bad," she aimed to spray him multiple times, but he dodged and she got Chris again.

He sputtered, "Will you stop!".

"No," and got him again. She turned back to Jake, "Asshole. No free peeks."

"Not like there was much to see, Pechapai-Chan." Her eyes flashed gold as she bitch slapped him across the face. He wasn't expecting her actually to hit him, so he didn't dodge and now had a red mark on his cheek, "Thank you, may I have another." She turned away in disgust.

"Don't worry, they'll grow on you," Dia told her polishing off the pancakes.

"Really?"

"No." She stood up to take the plate to the kitchen section of the apartment. She sighed, "You already met Alex, Leonard, Tommy, Jake, and the twins." She turned and pointed them out. "The one you keep spraying in the face is Chris. So that leaves." She began counting her fingers listing of the names again.

"Those three." Fatima pointed at the rude guy in the suit, the guy who had the snake tattoo and one with curly brown hair.

"Ah yes, Jacob, Andrew, and Steve."

"How do you remember all that?"

"We won't let you forget, sweet cheeks," Tommy laughed.

"And how did I get into this mess again?" Dia shrugged and brushed past her to sit on the couch and turned on the TV.

"Well, if you're talking about that mess in the bathroom, you did that trying to behead me with a towel holder," Jake told her smugly. Fatima's eyes widened in horror.

"I'll be right back!" She shouted running to her room. The twins followed. "Stop following me," they refused. She snatched her bag from the edge of her bed and tossed on some clothes but not after throwing salt at the twins instead.

"Have to go buy things to fix that before Kate comes home!" She dashed out the door.

"I'll be here, I guess?" Dia called and waited a moment. "So I'm going back to sleep." She stood up and crossed over to the hallway getting a good look at the whole apartment. It was smaller than Dia's, but way more cluttered. There was junk from three separate people living in one small space.

She passed by one room where the door was slightly cracked open. The walls were plastered with K-Pop posters and pictures of anime characters. She slammed the door shut and proceeded down the hall. She peered into Fatima's room. It was dimmer than the rest of the house from the dark teal curtains covering the windows. Clothes were scattered on the floor as Fatima had rushed to find decent clothes to wear.

Dia jumped onto the bed looking at the few pictures on the wall, almost all had something to do with dragons. There was a desk in the corner covered with jewelry and tools. She heard something start to purr, and soft fur brushed up against her arm. She glanced down to see a black cat with bright gold eyes staring at her.

"Kitty!" She grabbed the cat and lay down. The cat looked a little helpless before trying to crawl out of her arms. After awhile it gave up trying to escape and repositioned itself to get comfortable.

Chris and Andrew merely sat on the couch to watch TV. Jacob and Tommy argued over what shows were decent to watch at that time, but Chris had control of the remote anyway. The twins and Jake decided to explore the whole building and scare some people. Leonard and Alex decided to raid each and every room. Steve followed secretly curious as to what they would find, but mainly to make sure they don't do anything stupid.

Fatima burst through the door. "Oh great, you're still here." She held several bags from the local hardware store and a brand new mirror. She set the bags on the table and leaned the mirror against the wall.

"Oh look, that bathroom is still destroyed, go fix it before I decide to mess it up even more," Steve called out to her. She snatched a broom from the closet seething with anger. He chuckled to himself with a smug smile. She grabbed some salt in a blur and threw it at him, even though it burned her hands to do it. Steve dodged, "stupid blondie, I caught on to that trick."

She grumbled as she stormed past him to sweep up the glass. It wasn't helpful for Fatima to overhear the conversation between the boys.

"She's brooding over there," Andrew stated.

"Ha, serves her right," Jacob replied. "We sent countless demons back to hell, why does Dia think otherwise for this one?"

"How should I know? It is a bit tiring, I just want to get it over with and go back home," Steve added.

"Why? So we can be bored there instead?" The twins argued. "At least now we can have some fun with someone new."

"Depends on the fun you're talking about," Tommy muttered.

They all heard a loud snap. They turned and saw the broom being flung out into the room, the handle snapped in half.

"Someone has anger issues," Chris said in a patronizing tone.

"I didn't ask for this!" Fatima shouted at them, "so silence in the peanut gallery!" Her voice cracked slightly. "I have no clue as to how Dia can tolerate any of your bullshit. It took you five seconds to judge me and I haven't done shit to you, so leave me alone!"

There was an awkward silence as Fatima continued to clean up the remains of the mirror. She grabbed the new one and began to mount it on the wall. Dia came out from the room she fell asleep in and looked around suspiciously. The boys were quiet and she spotted her blonde friend filling the holes from where she ripped from the towel holder with plaster.

"You okay," Dia asked, watching her friend stare off in a daze at the wall.

Fatima glanced over her briefly, "I'm fine." Her tone was a bit harsh, she didn't intend it to sound that way.

That didn't stop Chris from appearing, "Maybe you should lose the attitude."

"Oh, bite me." She shot him a glare, as did Dia. He stared at Dia expectantly, who brushed him off. Fatima began to open a can of paint, to cover up that there were holes in the first place.

Dia began to argue with Chris, "What?" Her eyes narrowed at him.

"You're not going to do anything about her?" he gestured at Fatima.

"Why should I?" Dia replied coolly. "Has she done anything to warrant such actions?"

"Not that we know of, but we can't take any chances." Chris sighed, "I'm just trying to protect you, Dia."

"Has it ever occurred to you that I might not need you to 'protect' me?"

There was another crash and they both rushed over to see what happened. Fatima was sitting in the middle of the floor. She had slipped on a stray piece of glass and knocked over the can of paint that landed on her head. She was completely covered in paint as was half the floor, the sink and the tub.

"Fatima!"

She immediately held her hands up to stop her. "Please don't," she told Dia in a numb tone. She heard the boys burst out laughing and felt her cheeks burn from embarrassment. Dia stepped over and knelt down to her level. She removed the can of paint, Fatima simply stared down at the floor.

"Are you okay?" Dia quickly checked to make sure the girl didn't sprain anything.

"I said I'm fine." Fatima snapped, "I'm completely fine, so stop." She stood up, grabbed a towel and started trying to mop up the paint. Dia didn't move, "I got this, just go, please."

"Dia, you heard her let's go, leave the demon to it," Jacob called to her. Dia clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white. Chris backed up a few steps as she gave him a deadly stare. She slammed the bathroom door closed. She knew the boys wouldn't dare cross her right now.

She crossed back over to start filling the bath with hot water. "Take off your clothes."

Fatima hesitated, "Excuse me?" Her eyes met Dia's and saw she wasn't kidding. "Um, why?"

"Because you're covered in paint and need to get cleaned up." Dia pulled her up from the ground and yanked her shirt off.

"Hey stop, Hey! Okay okay!" Fatima replied. "Just turn around, please." Dia simply looked at her like seriously we're both girls. "I-I'm just a little self-conscious, is all." The look changed to, seriously you're a goddamn demon. Fatima awkwardly responded, "o-okay."

"Those idiots think that just because you're a demon, you should be sent back to hell," Dia told her. She picked up the towel and tossed it into the sink along with the discarded clothes. "They find the demons, I fight them."

"Why is that?"

"I'm a fallen angel," Dia said nonchalantly. She saw Fatima's eyes widen. "Well, I left heaven, because I hated it there."

"Oh." Fatima sat in the tub legs pulled up to her chest and pulled the curtain closed. "Sorry, if I seem a bit awkward." She took a breath, "I don't want to go back to hell. I just," she stopped to find the words. "I used to have a crown and a throne. I sat at the lowest layer and I always found myself staring up. I don't even remember what I did to get there."

Dia stopped a moment and waited for her to continue.

"I'm used to things like what those boys said to me. It was just terrible, every moment I had to watch my back because someone always tried to take the throne. I always heard them whisper and talk about me, waiting for me to slip up, reveal one weakness. To kill me." She watched the water turn a milky white color and she began to try to rinse the paint out of her hair.

She peeked out from behind the curtain to see Dia use some of the paint to paint the wall. "I could have just as well used magic to repair everything. But one of my roommates is ultra sensitive to shifts in energy. She would know if I ever used it. It would alert hunters to my presence, and it only seemed to hurt everyone."

"You are one strange demon, if I didn't know better I wouldn't think of you as one," Dia told her.

Fatima replied, "I didn't think you were an angel."

"I have horns supporting my halo." Fatima felt a lone shiver at the sight of her smile.

"I believe you," She stated and finished cleaning herself up.

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments