Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Rise and Fall (Official Ch 1)

"I'm caught up in you're expectations, You try and make me live your dream ~Silent Scream"

14
10 Comments 10
1.3k Views 1.3k
1.2k words 1.2k words
Unlikely friends as they might be, a delightful light-hearted story was always how it started. The dark haired beauty Dia and the cute blonde Fatima, in what might seem to them a mere coincidence that they happened to meet in that bar that day. They would soon realize the game and their lives were about to take an extraordinary twist.

Fatima downed a rather large glass of alcohol and slammed the empty glass down where it joined several other empty glasses and bottles. "Another!" she shouted her cheeks flushed a light red. Her eyes a bit dilated made her look wild and untamable. She burst into a fit of giggles and playfully haggled with anyone sitting near her. Mainly, she messed with her dark haired friend whom she just met at the bar. A resting bitch face met with her mischievous smile.

"Last one I promise! As long as you ask me with a smile!" Her eyes flashed dangerously leaning against the counter. The girl silently sipped her drink giving the blond a dead stare until she slowly deflated and glumly peered into a new drink that appeared in front of her.

"So this is what happens when some asshole stands you up on a date?" Dia set her glass down and glided her finger around the rim. The blond responded with a peeved grumble, Dia knew she was repressing another fit of anger, "Come on girl use your words."

"Nobody likes me. They always promise to meet up with me, but they never show. Maybe if I were drop dead gorgeous like you, they would ditch that halfwit slut they're screwing to consider even me." Her fit of giggles turned into the defeated sobs of a girl who had one drink too many.

Dia sighed and whacked the girl in the back of her head, "Get a hold of yourself already." Fatima straightened up, her face serious, but blotchy and the tears stopped instantly.

"I'm okay, I don't want some two-timer anyway," she smiled with enthusiasm. Dia rather liked it when her blond friend actually smiled, instead of the lonely distant ones she gave everyone else.

"Fatima," she paused to get the girl's attention, "you're a damn headache."

"But you loves me anyways," she cried happily and downed her drink. Dia scowled at the bartender to not give Fatima another.

Dia sat a moment watching her overtly drunk friend try to drown out the world. She didn't trust her to walk home at this time of night in this state. She sighed irritably, "Come on I'll take you home now."

Fatima stared horrified, "No! Don't make me go!" Dia picked the tiny blond up and dragged her out. "Two drinks to go!"

"No," Dia replied paying for the drinks. "You're paying me back when you're sober." She walked the girl out to her car and placed her in the passenger seat. She put the child safety lock on to keep the drunk from escaping back into the bar.

She slid into the driver's seat and paused. She had no idea where Fatima even lived. They never hung out socially except every week at the bar. She turned to ask and saw Fatima was already out. She grumbled as she tried shaking Fatima awake to no avail.

She calculated her options and began to drive. She argued with herself in her head the whole time she drove until she parked in her usual space in front of an apartment complex. She stared up and saw one window with the light on and she let out an irritated growl.

"They better leave her alone," she hissed, as she collected the blond and carried her inside.

An old lady sternly glared as Dia strolled in. "Dia, in my many years owning this establishment never have I received the amount of complaints on any of the residents until you showed up. Everyone heard absurdly loud music blaring from your room, but every time I go to investigate the music miraculously fades away. Do you have company that I don't know about because I will have to ask them to leave."

"Miss, you and I have this conversation every day. There is no one in my room when I am out. It must be my faulty radio, it is old, so the speakers must be going out and I forgot to turn it off. Good night, I have to take care of this one." Dia spoke quickly and ran up the stairs before she got into another pointless argument.

She heard, "You didn't drug her, did you?" call up after her. She reached her room and quickly escaped inside, slamming the door behind her. She flipped the blond onto the couch and unplugged the radio located at the far end of the room.

"You idiots! I finally find an affordable apartment and already you try and get me kicked out!" Dia shouted angrily. She turned around to see nine or ten guys crowd around the sleeping blond.

"Hey, this one is cute. You should bring more of these home and we'll be happier." One said with a smirk.

"None of you are to touch her. I remember the last time you had fun with one of my friends!" Dia glared at them and grabbed a blanket from the closet for Fatima. "She's still in the mental institute and has a restraining order against me."

The boys dispersed from the sleeping girl, grumbling amongst themselves at how unfair Dia was being. She tossed the blanket over her friend and headed to her own room. She peered in making sure it was void of anything moving before shutting the door.

"What are you doing bring home strays again, Dia." One of the guys was suddenly behind her sitting on the bed. He lazily twisted a sea foam crystal between his fingers before placing it around his neck.

"Chris," she said in a warning tone, "don't start this again." He merely smiled in response. "That coy attitude of yours will get you into trouble." His hazel eyes flashed a mocking glare before he closed them and sighed irritably.

"It already has, or did you forget." He glided off the bed and glared into an empty reflection in her mirror.

"How I wish that someone else could see you, idiots, and then you would finally go away and bother someone else," Dia told him harshly.

Chris frowned, "They wouldn't be that much fun." He leaned against her and looked down at the girl. "Why is that girl even here, Dia?"

Dia shrugged him off and tilted her head up to stare into his eyes. "She is my bar buddy. Tonight she decided to test the theory that she was invincible and drink up the whole bar." She laughed. "She is definitely an interesting person to hang around. Much better than hanging around a bunch of dead giants now."

"Not my fault you're short."

"Do you want me to make accommodations? Tell me which do you prefer to keep, your head or your knees?" Chris laughed and hugged the girl. She didn't return the hug. She yawned and jumped into her bed and glared at Chris to leave. He slyly smiled and ran through her door.

"I hate that they only haunt me," she murmured as she fell asleep.

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments