Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 2

5
4 Comments 4
1.4k Views 1.4k
860 words 860 words
Bruce continued to eat with Amber everyday and no one intruded. When the school experimented with a talking study hall Amber managed to get her seat assigned next to his and everything seemed to be fine. They were both unaware that this simple act of having lunch together was providing fuel for the gossip fires started by Amber's former entourage.

Whenever the group met they began to formulate reasons all the attention and assistance that Bruce was giving her. I mean no one would be nice for no reason they concluded.

"Maybe he is the father," one suggested."

"No way," another answered.

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why? He is not bad looking and has always been nice to us."

"Yeah and unlike your boyfriend he doesn't spent every minute in our presence trying to look up our skirts," another answered.

Angry looks were exchanged between the two girls and fists were balled. That's when Shari the leader finally spoke up.

"This bickering is getting us nowhere. Let's go talk with Barbie, if anyone will know she will."

Barbie Lockhart was one of Amber's closest friends since elementary school. It was she that had volunteered the information that Amber had fallen in love during her stay in Greece and that's why she was now less talkative.

It was during lunch that Shari and her friends approached Barbie. They were not real close but were part of the same popular group of students so there was a basis for friendship. Shari's looks made her the leader so she did the talking.

"We need to ask you a something, but it might piss you off," Shari started.

"Don't worry about it, just ask."

 "OK, here goes. Rumor has it that Bruce the father of Amber's baby."

 "Who would start such a stupid rumor?"

"Well he is constantly with her and caters to her every need."

"Constantly my ass. They have lunch together, study hall, art and drama and that's it."

"So its not true?"

"As far as I know it happened in Greece."

"She didn't tell you?"

"No."

It was few days later that the rumors finally reached Amber, and she wasn't happy. Oh she knew who had probably started it, but challenging them would only make matters worse. She decided to tell Bruce during lunch so he wasn't surprised when it reached his ears.

"So have you heard the latest rumor?" she questioned.

"No. Is it good?"

"That depends on your definition of good."

"Don't keep me in suspense, tell me."

"Ok, here goes. The latest rumor is that you are the one that got me pregnant."

Bruce almost chocked on the swallow of Coke he had taken when she uttered that last statement. In between his coughing jag he managed to ask who started such a statement.

"Who do you think?".

"Shari and her sleezettes? But why?"

"Why do you think?"

"Because we have lunch together and we sit close in a couple of classes."

"That's about it."

"Wow who knew that sitting close to a female could cause pregnancy. So the talk we got in sex education is bullshit? Someone should tell the teacher."

That statement caused Amber to laugh outloud, "No dummy, you knocked me up on Spring break and now you're taking care of me."

"So was I any good in bed?"

"Alas I cannot recall."

"Harlot," he said in an English accent and threw his wadded up napkin at her.

The voice caused her to laugh out loud again, "Flatterer" and this time Bruce laughed.

 "Let them believe what they want," he continued.

She kept smiling at him as they ate and nothing more was said about it. Before lunch ended she surprised him by sliding a pen and a three by five card toward him and asking for his phone number. He was more surprised when he slid it back and she tore off the top half and handed the bottom half to him.

"That's my house and cell phone number."

Two days later Bruce turned eighteen. His parents honored his birthday request and called him in sick and then drove him to the examination bureau to take his drivers test. He had called Amber the evening before to let her know why he wasn't going to be in school and she asked him to call her when he finished.

The appointment for the exam was set for 9:00 AM and it took less than an hour. He was now a fully licensed driver and to celebrate his parents took him car shopping. He had been saving his money since he was a little boy and had a good amount of money stashed away. A visit to the car lot of a friend of his family yielded an older Olds Cutlass leaving him enough cash for registration and plates.

He called Amber around noon and she was overjoyed and congradulated him. He was surprised when invited him to come over.

"Aren't you in school?"

"No, I stayed home today."

 "What will your parents say?"

"It was their suggestion, they want to meet you."

Fear of the unknown clutched at Bruce's heart and he managed a strangled, "OK".

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments