Find your next favourite story now
Login

Name a movie that you have watched at least 5 times and are still entertained by.

last reply
296 replies
47.6k views
0 watchers
1 like
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
All of them!

I'm not being flippant, if I've watched a movie five or more times, I am still entertained by it. Like a good book, re-reading one or re-watching a movie is like visiting an old friend. Some of my favorites include Casablanca, The Day the Earth Stood Still, An Affair to Remember, Sleepless in Seattle, Erin Brokovitch, Notting Hill . . . the list is too long to really lay out. Like I said, a visit from an old friend!

Brooke
I stood there wondering why it looked like that frisbee was getting closer. Then it hit me.
❤️️🇨🇦 Elusive Enigma 🇨🇦❤️️
0 likes
John Wick

Story Moderator
0 likes
I've been rewatching some classic horror films I love. I've seen them all at least five times.

The Birds
The Thing (1982)
The Omen (1976)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Rosemary" Baby
The Changeling
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gillianleeza
I've been rewatching some classic horror films I love. I've seen them all at least five times.

The Birds
The Thing (1982)
The Omen (1976)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Rosemary" Baby
The Changeling

Great classic movies for sure. 'The Thing' is excellent, but I prefer the 1951 version. (probably because I saw it so many times as a kid)
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
❤️️🇨🇦 Elusive Enigma 🇨🇦❤️️
0 likes
Home Alone

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
Blue is the Warmest Colour

My favorite love story of this century!

Yes! Pleasantly surprised to see that you also enjoy this movie. Definitely one of my favorites as well.

As for my answer to the above question, I do believe I've watched Midnight Sun well over 5 times now.

It's sad (like, red eyes and an abundance of snot sad), but for those of us that like to know if the disease in the movie is real or not (me, I am one of those people) it helps bring awareness to one that I hadn't heard about before, abbreviated to XP - Xeroderma Pigmentosum... basically an extreme sensitivity to the sun. One's body, with XP, cannot repair their DNA after coming into contact with the UV rays in sunlight, resulting in an extremely high chance of developing skin cancer and various other issues. It's also a really cute love story. If anyone reading this also liked The Fault in our Stars or 5 Feet Apart, this one should probably also be on your list.

💓 Melissa Etheridge - PULSE ( for orlando victims ) 💓 - YouTube

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Twelve Angry Men

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

0 likes

Ghostbusters.

Primer.

Ronin.

The Usual Suspects.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by TomEccleston
The Usual Suspects.

Absolutely. (It's where my name came from.)

Also, Cabin in the Woods

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

The Princess Bride ..it's one of my mum's favourite ..we tend to watch it when we're missing her

Terrestrial Mermaid from Outer Space
0 likes

Sweet November. Yeah, sappy like that.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

I just finished watching Marathon Man for probably the 5th time. What a great movie.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Terrestrial Mermaid from Outer Space
0 likes

Les Miserables, too.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

East of Eden (not just for the great theme tune)

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

For this time of year, any of the following Dracula adaptations:

Nosferatu (1922, though I like Werner Herzog's remake, too)

Dracula (1933 with Bela Lugosi, 1958 aka The Horror of Dracula with Christopher Lee)

Count Dracula (1977 TV adaptation of the novel)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992 big budget film, not as faithful as the title suggests but a gorgeous gothic spectacle)

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Commando

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Up

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Maleficent

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

You Got Served