Login

A New Years Do-Over Competition

last reply
74 replies
3.4k views
1 watcher
59 likes
0 likes

Sometimes I need a nudge to knuckle down and get something written, too (I almost wrote "get something on paper" but then realized that I haven't written a story on paper since, like, university).

I still scribble first drafts on paper 😳

Just me?

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Welshdreamer42

Sometimes I need a nudge to knuckle down and get something written, too (I almost wrote "get something on paper" but then realized that I haven't written a story on paper since, like, university).

I still scribble first drafts on paper 😳

Just me?

I am not sure I could though I have contemplated trying. My right hand has quite a bit of osteoarthritis in it and I am right handed. You are in good company, though. Last I heard, Neil Gaiman still drafts in longhand.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Active Ink Slinger
2 likes

Quote by WriterGirl

Quote by Violet_the_Verbose

Hi Kimmi, I'm here and getting to the end game now. Will probably get it in Friday night lol.

I will be impatiently waiting for your entry. 😊

I know what would help. Next comp we'll have Admin give you a close date a week before the actual comp close date. 🤣

When I was at college, one tutor used to set us a deadline then, the day before the hand-in would give everyone a weeks extension. Used to be great for refining the project until the one time he didn’t give the extension. That’s when I found I could go 48 hours without sleep lol

Shy Scribbler
1 like

Quote by Ceebees

Quote by WriterGirl

Hi Kimmi, I'm here and getting to the end game now. Will probably get it in Friday night lol.

I will be impatiently waiting for your entry. 😊

I know what would help. Next comp we'll have Admin give you a close date a week before the actual comp close date. 🤣

When I was at college, one tutor used to set us a deadline then, the day before the hand-in would give everyone a weeks extension. Used to be great for refining the project until the one time he didn’t give the extension. That’s when I found I could go 48 hours without sleep lol

Ha! I have always given my son fake deadlines on when we have to leave house or meet somewhere. You'd think he'd have caught on by now. 🤣

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

Administration
2 likes

I should be up for a few more hours. If anyone should happen to post a story, please feel free to message me and I will get it as quickly as I can.

Writing down under
3 likes

Lol, 'Violet has just published a story,' flashed onto my screen. Two and a half hours left, plenty of time. Well done, Violet, though I will have to read later in the weekend.

My latest story, Mardi Gras Competition: Sydney's Mardi Gras: We Shall Overcome

Some earlier stories:

Spooky Tales competition: Tales From the Crypt: Downunder Edition

Tam-challenge Micro: Under the Red Hoodie 

Maybe my best story: Finding Pride on Oxford Street

Shy Scribbler
2 likes

Wow! I am glad I'm not judging. Everyone be proud of your entry, no matter the results. I hope peeps from elsewhere come read these. smile

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

3 likes

Quote by WriterGirl

Wow! I am glad I'm not judging. Everyone be proud of your entry, no matter the results. I hope peeps from elsewhere come read these. smile

Absolutely. I’ve just read the final two entries and they’re both amazing. Have to say, I think this is the best competition SS has ever had for imaginative, quality writing. I’ve really enjoyed reading them and I totally pity the judges, lol 😂

1 like

Yep, some amazing stories. No way I'd be able to judge this.

Administration
2 likes

Best of luck to everyone who entered. I was impressed with how many different takes on the theme came out in this competition, some wonderfully unpredictable. I will always be proud to call Stories Space my home and all of you my family... even if some are those dysfunctional sheep who keep you rolling your eyes.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Crazy old ape
1 like

Quote by Sherzahd
I will always be proud to call Stories Space my home and all of you my family... even if some are those dysfunctional sheep who keep you rolling your eyes.

Every family has one or two of those, I think. 😉 It's a nice place and I wish we could grow it a bit. Seems a bit too quiet sometimes, esp. when there's no comp on.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
1 like

Only a day to go if things happen on schedule. Anyone else getting pumped to hear the results? Though I hear the judge is a tough one this time.

🤣

1 like

Quote by Mendalla
Anyone else getting pumped to hear the results?

Yep!