DirtyMartini - Alan W. Jankowski - has passed away

last reply
26 replies
9.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Primus Omnium
0 likes
It should be known that one of our moderators here on site has passed away. Alan left us on the 10th of March, apparently. I will try to get more information from Facebook when I can. I am sure all the people who knew him will be glad to at least know of his passing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
While I didn't know him I saw his name so much since I joined that I feel he was a part of the family of writers and readers. I am so sorry for the loss to those that loved him.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm completely shocked and saddened by this news. sad

He will be very missed.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
When I began my journey into online posting of my stories and poems back in 2007, Alan was the very first person who greeted me. We've been friends ever since. He was one of the most energetic and prolific writers I've ever seen. Over the years I've watched him mature and develop into a sage and wise mentor to anyone who sought him out. I am heartbroken and vulnerable right now. I look forward to catching up to my old friend someday.

I hereby request that the works and history of DirtyMartini not be removed from this site.
Lurker
0 likes
He was so young. My heart goes at to him. Rest in peace.
Administration
0 likes
He'd been sick a while. Rest in peace old friend.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm so sad that he has passed. He was a lovely man who was kind and very helpful.

He had an over the top personality and loved to make people laugh.

He had many accomplishments and his work will be forever remembered.

He was a very nice person with a big heart.

Very sad to hear of his passing.

Sending prayers and my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

God has another angel living in heaven. Rest in Peace Alan.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo
0 likes
This is terribly sad news to read. I've known Alan for many years, and have had many exchanges and discussions with him. While we did not always agree during those discussions, there was always mutual respect.

He will be sorely missed. All my condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.

Rest in peace, Alan.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So sad to hear you left us without a word, you'll be missed terribly. Hugs my friend, see you on the otherside Alan.

RuNe'S DooDLiNG iN THe SaNDS

My wandering crazy mind is just doodling in the sands ~ RuNe
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Alan was as nice as they come. I am very saddened about the news of his passing. He loved poetry and helping new poets. Alan had a great sense of humor. Wherever his presence was he made good friends. He will be greatly missed.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Stunned is the only words I have for hearing of Alan's passing.

We are better for knowing him and Heaven has a new gifted writer.

Next chance I get I'm going to have a "Dirty Martini" in his honor.

Cheers Alan!

"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't know Alan, but it is always sad when someone so young passes away when they still have so much to look forward to.
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dreamcatcher
When I began my journey into online posting of my stories and poems back in 2007, Alan was the very first person who greeted me. We've been friends ever since. He was one of the most energetic and prolific writers I've ever seen. Over the years I've watched him mature and develop into a sage and wise mentor to anyone who sought him out. I am heartbroken and vulnerable right now. I look forward to catching up to my old friend someday.

I hereby request that the works and history of DirtyMartini not be removed from this site.

your words are so beautiful...

please don't remove words and history from this site.....
0 likes
That is Very sad, we haven't talked but i always felt he was very helpful to many here. Posting links and also giving tips to budding writers. We so miss you Alan, RIP.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Found this. Thought it was appropriate.

Administration
0 likes

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Dear Mr Martini

Always and forever a friend
Lurker
0 likes
Rest In Peace

Lurker
0 likes
Rest in peace, Alan. And thank you for all you've done for the site, for everything.
For making the world a better place with you in it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
May you find peace wherever you are, Alan. SS will never be the same without you.
LIVE every moment.
LOVE beyond words.
LAUGH everyday.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Alan will be missed and the memory of his humorous, caring and thoughtful presence will live on in all of us. I still do not know how to make penguins with keystrokes.

Alan you were the best! See you soon and save me a toke on that blunt.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.