Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.3k replies
406k views
17 watchers
955 likes
👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

A large hot chocolate with a handful of mini marshmallows would be great.

Ape don't worry about the marshmallows I'll keep them safe smile

Bear aww shucks thanks for the compliment.:)

Kimmi I'm glad you are having fun at the Magic Kingdom..

I think we need Disney theme cookies this week. :) Maybe even Disney theme cookie jars for a bit .

Spent the early afternoon (noon til 2) herding kittens..they wore me out I need a nap sleep

Climbing up in my favorite chair with my hot chocolate and favorite throw blanket

Stay safe everyonesilly

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by DenimAngel

I think we need Disney theme cookies this week. smile Maybe even Disney theme cookie jars for a bit .

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
1 like

Thanks, Sara. This is supposed to be the easiest, most routine operation there is and yet the list of possible complications is as long as my arm. It's just that most people don't get any of them. Hoping I'm in the majority.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

1 like

Well good morning, Inspirationalists! As Mandella is hard of seeing today, I thought I'd take a shot at getting things running. Filling the tea kettle I can manage, and I often make pots of tea, so today we have both Red Rose (orange pekoe) and Earl Grey (fruity-toot-toot) brewing, plus sachets of other teas for those with a more tender palate.

Now how does this coffee thing work? (hums away for a while). OK, I think that's got it…so, the coffee machine has been emptied of yesterday's beans, rinsed, refilled, and reassembled, primed with fresh coffee, and is now perkin' away.

(checks biscuit/cookie containers) I see Sara's been busy, so there are cookies a-plenty for those who want a bit of a gnosh…so – there we go!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for Mandella. It is a routine procedure, but he seemed a bit nervous about someone aiming a high-energy beam into his eyes for some strange reason!

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Shy Scribbler
0 likes

Morning all wave

Universal Studios broke my body, so I'm moving slowly today. I realized i'm old. Haha!

Prayers for Scott! I had Lasik months ago and it's scary having someone mess with your eyeballs, but so worth it afterward.

I'd love some hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and two handfuls of Sara's cookies, please. smile

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Afternoon everyone. Thanks for the info on the cookie jars Sarah. Gonna have to dip my hand into the Cookie Monster jar and take one and a good strong cup of coffee over to a seat by the fire. It’s cold and windy here. Two storms in three days ain’t good for a girl.

I’ve heard of at least three people still working on their comp stories so I’m expecting a late flurry of entries.

Hope things go well for you, Mendella and you’re not laid up for too long.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Ooh, new stories to read!

Good luck with your eyeballs Scott. I've heard it's not big deal, but what do I know. We'll miss your eyes until your return.

Long weekend, and long month to come. The dumpster is full, and painters are here, and I go home every day in need of ibuprophen and weed and tender loving care (all happily provided by Talia). Still, getting a lot done, so I'm not complaining.

I'm not gonna try to write much during all the chaos. I'll get done what I'll get done. This will all be over in late March.

Coffee and cookies please!

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peepssmile

Yay Bear you made good coffee.. the coffeemaker can be scary.

Taking my coffee over to my favorite chair

Fresh cookies tomorrow.. today just about wore me out.. playing catch-up on everything and every time I sit down to pop in here someone would call or stop by.

Giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

Stay safe everyonesilly

Crazy old ape
2 likes

Eye (ha ha) am doing well. Left cataract is gone and for the first time in my life, my left eye is my good eye. Thanks to all for the good wishes. Probably be back more regularly later in the week.

2 likes

Mendalla- that's wonderful! I'm happy for you.

Sara-thanks for the delicious cookies and my cat thanks you for his treat.

I'm finally in a part of the country that I like! I've been listening to some interesting music on the radio too.

I've had pleasant dreams lately.

I finally got my hair cut. And now I'd like to color it a bright, vibrant color if I can. For all of the time I blended in, I'd rather stand out now.

1 like

Quote by Sugarcube

I finally got my hair cut. And now I'd like to color it a bright, vibrant color if I can. For all of the time I blended in, I'd rather stand out now.

Sugarcube, you're a woman after my own wife's heart. Colourful hair, colourful nails – and colourful personality, that's her – and apparently, you, too!

Now, since we were so successful yesterday…at NOT burning the coffeemaker (and thanks for the vote of confidence, Sara!), let's see if we can keep the string going.

Tea is on, with pots of Red Rose and Lapsang Souchong already brewed in pots on the sideboard, plus a wide assortment of other fine teas for the more discerning tea drinkers. (Which is to say, picky)

And, yes, I have rinsed, refilled, reloaded, and restarted the r…I mean, coffeemaker, and she's bubbling away.

Coffee should be here soon!

Meanwhile, I'll sit back with a cuppa Red Rose and some of Sara's lovely GF cookies!

I had some troubles getting the site to load this morning. Anyone else?

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
1 like

hi peepssmile

AwwBear I was just teasing...(hugs)!

I had to replace a coffeemaker here ... I made a huge mess :)

A large hot chocolate with a splash of coffee and a double handful of mini marshmallows

Peeking in the cookie jars and moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies

We have DISNEY theme cookies today (diabetic and gluten free friendly too ) : Mickey & Minnie Mouse , Donald & Daisy Duck, Pluto &Goofy

giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

Sugarcube what is your cat's name ?

Stay safe everyone :)

Shy Scribbler
0 likes

Hi wave

I'm back in KY. Scott, happy surgery went well! I know what it feels like to finally see well after a long time. Love the Disney treats, Sara! Thank you! 😊

I think I will always love DIsney no matter how old I am. Universal is another story. sad Definitely too old to handle those jarring rides. Hagrid's motorcycle ride with sidecar (one guess who got stuck in sidecar 🙄) was awful! I thought I would pass out at one point it went so fast and jerked me so much. 😨 AWFUL! But, my son said it was AWESOME! Sigh.

Question: If there are only 9 entries in comp, do we ALL make Top Ten? biggrin

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Lovely day out there now, but that's gonna change - cold weather already creeping in. Snow tonight. Sorry Sara, if my weather makes its way to you.

I'm going to try and write today for the first time in awhile. It's not gonna be easy, and every word I write I am gonna hate. Still, gotta start somewhere. It's like laying railroad tracks, some days.

House painting is coming along. Carpeting next week, then minor repairs.

A coffee and a Pluto cookie please!

Primus Omnium
0 likes

Jeff, the snowstorm is coming towards us here in Kansas and on over the Mid-west. I expect over 3 inches here by Thursday morning. If it goes over 2 inches we have a snow removal service for the neighborhood.

I'll have an afternoon cuppa java and a couple of the gingersnaps Sara makes for me. It's always nice to see them waiting for me.

Scott, I had cataract surgery in my right eye about 10 years ago. It went well for me and I now no longer wear glasses except when I am reading. I hope yours has gone just as well for you.

It might be interesting to see a contest with exactly 10 entries. That would surely make the judging easier.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

I'd say this isn't me losing it over the fact that WL (and Jane) will be returning to my screen on March 6, but then I'd be lying. In other words, one month till I get to leap into her arms for some long overdue snuggles.

(I might be a bit excited.)

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by JustAnotherSapphic

I'd say this isn't me losing it over the fact that WL (and Jane) will be returning to my screen on March 6, but then I'd be lying. In other words, one month till I get to leap into her arms for some long overdue snuggles.

(I might be a bit excited.)

A love triangle between an amateur writer, a popular American actor turned game show host, and a renowned British actor could make for an entertaining, if offbeat, rom-com. 😊

Good afternoon. All's well with the eyes. I think I may be around more often, but we shall see. I am still juggling things to see what is the best way to operate until I get the right eye done. Starting to look like just wearing my glasses unadjusted is best for computer for now, but no glasses is better for generally living and getting around. I am also trying with the left lens out but the implanted lens in my left eye seems to be too different in power and colour filtration from the right eyeglass lens so the combo doesn't work that well.

Anyhow, enough ranting about my eyes and specs (or lack thereof). I see Da Bear made some Lapsang which I am missing badly since I left my Russian Caravan (a blend containing Lapsang) at the office. So I shall avail myself of some here.

Carey’d away.
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

A love triangle between an amateur writer, a popular American actor turned game show host, and a renowned British actor could make for an entertaining, if offbeat, rom-com. 😊

No love triangles here since I'm polyamorous but I see what you mean.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by JustAnotherSapphic

Quote by Mendalla

No love triangles here since I'm polyamorous but I see what you mean.

Still a triangle, just means all three vertices are consciously part of it.😊

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by Survivor

Jeff, the snowstorm is coming towards us here in Kansas and on over the Mid-west. I expect over 3 inches here by Thursday morning. If it goes over 2 inches we have a snow removal service for the neighborhood.

I'll have an afternoon cuppa java and a couple of the gingersnaps Sara makes for me. It's always nice to see them waiting for me.

Scott, I had cataract surgery in my right eye about 10 years ago. It went well for me and I now no longer wear glasses except when I am reading. I hope yours has gone just as well for you.

It might be interesting to see a contest with exactly 10 entries. That would surely make the judging easier.

Looking like we're gonna get 4-8 inches, and I think they've upped your snowfall totals as well. Stay safe and warm everyone! It's just starting to fall now.

Story Moderator
0 likes

Scott, I'm glad your eye surgery went well. I remember having detached retinas repaired in the past, which always freaked me out. Thankfully sedation made it easier.

No snow here, just cold rain for the weekend. I'm having two more root canals done on Thursday, and I hope that is it. Some days I think I should have had all my teeth yanked out. Covid seems to have exasperated many physical issues I already had, sigh. Trying hard to stay positive, but it's winter, and family issues are front and center. It's a bit exhausting. I'm done with my whining for the evening, I promise, maybe, lol.

I'd have a cookie, but sweet things freak my teeth out. I'll curl up in the corner and catch up on some reading. I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week. Stay warm, healthy, and safe.

Cheers!

0 likes

Well good morning, Inspirators! As I'm not sure how Mandella is doing today, I thought I'd get things started.

The tea kettle is rinsed, filled, and steaming away, and today we have both Red Rose (orange pekoe) and Irish Breakfast already in pots, plus sachets of other teas for those with a different palate.

Next, the coffee machine has been emptied of yesterday's beans, rinsed, refilled, and reassembled, primed with fresh coffee, and is now perkin' away.

Thanks to Sara for the Disney cookies. I'll take a couple, plus some Irish Breakfast in a to-go mug – busy day today!

Take care out there, y'all! And welcome back, Writer Girl!

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by gillianleeza
Some days I think I should have had all my teeth yanked out.

I had one yanked in 2020 after a decade of fighting with it. Still haven't done the implant. My enthusiasm for having my mouth wide open while strangers poke around in it is kind of low these days.

Quote by JamesPBear

As I'm not sure how Mandella is doing today, I thought I'd get things started.

Mendalla. Sheesh. You're the second person I've chided about that this year. 😉

Definitely doing well. Have to put my old glasses back on to watch TV or use computer (because my improved left eye isn't enough to make up for my still mucky right) and I am trying to limit screen time at the moment. But my doc said all was going well when I saw him for my next day followup. Will book the other eye soon so I can ditch the glasses more.

And Irish Breakfast will go nice with a Mickey and a Donald.

Shy Scribbler
0 likes

Hi wave

Scott, glad you are on the mend with your eyeball. Gillian, i totally understand and ready for Springtime. Everything feels better with a bright sun and blooming flowers.

We are under an ice warning all day tmrw. Expecting downed trees, power outages. Yuk!

Anyways, great new comp entry popped up. They are all unique and great so far. This one made 10 entries in the comp!!

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Good to hear about your peepers, Scott.

I assume many of you are mired down in snow - I hope everyone is safe and warm and sufficiently dug out. It is fun to wake up to.

Snowy and quiet and lovely here. Not leaving the house. I'm planning on a 1000 word day - it used to be my regular daily count, but I haven't done it for well over a week. Let's see how the snow treats me.

A coffee and a cookie, as always.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
I assume many of you are mired down in snow - I hope everyone is safe and warm and sufficiently dug out. It is fun to wake up to.

Ours didn't really start until late morning but by tomorrow, we probably will be. For today, just hunkering down indoors while it falls.