Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Chef Fun

"What do you cook when nothing sounds good?"

9
8 Comments 8
1.8k Views 1.8k
445 words 445 words
The other day, I flipped the channels and landed on the Food Network. I watched it for a while and got a couple of good recipes. Later that day I asked my granddaughter what she wanted for dinner. What she answered gave me pause for what was follows here.

"Grandpa, I want nothing for dinner tonight," she said.

My brain sprung into action and I thought, "How does one prepare nothing to eat? Is there a recipe for it? Is there a cookbook full of recipes for nothing?"

I could not find a cookbook or any recipes either. I decided to think of what I would do to cook nothing for dinner. What would it look like? How would it taste? How would it delight the eyes?

When I thought about this, it came to me that there were some special ingredients too. The thing that really struck me was that it was a no calorie meal. It was very light and fluffy. It never spoiled and lasted forever.

It never filled up the consumer. Vast quantities took very little if no storage. Transport was quick and instantaneous. A major drawback however, was how to carry it. What is the package like? What stores carry it for sale?

The recipe, which I made, is below. It was fun and we enjoyed it immensely. Unfortunately, there were no leftovers. Clean up was simple and fast.

Preheat the earth oven to 325 degrees.

1 cup of Prop wash

1/4 cup vanishing creme for filling mix

1 extra large golden egg

1/2 cup of Evaporated milk

2 1/2 cups of flour from the seeds of an idea

1 pinch of salt marsh

3 tablespoons of honey from a spelling bee

1/8 teaspoon of baking soda from a soda straw

Set aside the first two ingredients for later use when nothing is ready.

Take all the other ingredients of nothing and put them in a large vessel with a pestle.

Mix it well until all the ingredients are moist and well mixed making sure nothing has no lumps. If lumps persist, mash them down with the pestle.

Pour the mixture of nothing carefully into a tubular pan and seal both ends so nothing leaks out.

Remove nothing from the earth after 35 minutes.

Open the tubular pan and remove nothing from it. Nothing should bounce back when pressed.

When nothing has cooled, put it on a serving platter.

Whip the vanishing creme with a whisk until it thickens.

Take a knife and puncture nothing with it.

Inject the whipped vanishing creme into nothing until it fills nothing up.

Drizzle the prop wash over nothing.

Serve nothing immediately.

My granddaughter and I ate very well as we ate nothing for dinner.

Published 
Written by frogprince
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments