Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
New Jerusalem

"...remember the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Universe? ...the meaning of life is 42"

2
2 Comments 2
1.4k Views 1.4k
163 words 163 words
After a lifetime of mining gold and silicon from asteroids, the cube is ready.

John Sanders, from Intel, flipped the switch.

The super-cooled cube hanging in the vacuum of space hummed when the solar generated current pulsed through its paths of gold.

The properties of quantum particles vibrate and stand still within its glass walls.

The hundred-mile by hundred-mile cube shimmered in the sunlight.

What does it do?

It thinks, it’s the biggest processor chip block ever, layers upon layers of circuits.

Ask it . . . What is the meaning of life?

It said . . . 42.

The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits thick. 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. –Revelations 21:16-18(NIV)

Published 
Written by fallingdove
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments