Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Adele, from 19 to 21

"My first story here, about Adele, music and emotions"

8
5 Comments 5
1.7k Views 1.7k
348 words 348 words
Taking out my player, I put on the earbuds. Each night when I’m jogging, I enjoy the alone time with my music. It’s just me, moon, stars, my running shoes and music. It’s time for my emotion to fly.

When I’m in the party mood, my steps bounce with Good Charlotte; when I want some harmony time, my mind flows with Coldplay; when I’m angry, frustrated, I let out my war cry with Linkin Park.

Tonight, it’s Adele, her album 19, then 21.

Just two years of time interval, but so much difference. In 19, there are lots of techniques. But in 21, it’s all about emotions. The emotions of being hurt, missing lost love and the pain of shattered heart. They are not so strong in 19, but in 21 they erupt like firework.

I feel so touched by those songs, but I also feel sorry for her. All of her songs are so sad about losing love, being abandoned, being forgotten…I know she must have felt them, to sing like that, to express herself like that, to touch our hearts like that. However, that’s simply too much pain for one person.

I know how emotions could affect a writer, a singer. When I write, I have to put myself in my characters’ shoes to feel their pain and pleasure, to indulge myself in all their emotions then let it erupt in words. I can only image, how all those negative emotions in Adele’s songs impact her.

We’ve all been there haven’t we? Broke hearts and our own hearts been broken; cheated then be cheated upon. There are wounds from the past that none of us wants to touch again, but she sings them out loud. That’s why her songs touch and connect us.

Like in a theater, after her performance, she bows. We rise from seats, applause and leave, moving to our own directions. Left behind, under all that glory, is a lonely soul.

Just some random thoughts after listening Adele in the dark, under stars and moon, alone.

Published 
Written by HK4167
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments