Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
First Love

"We can make a difference, we are all a strand in her web."

6
7 Comments 7
1.5k Views 1.5k
330 words 330 words
"Teach your children what we have taught our children - that the Earth is our Mother. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves. This we know. The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. This we know. All things are connected like the blood that unites one family. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons and daughters of the Earth. We did not weave the web of life; We are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves."
~ Chief Seattle ~

The following thoughts came after reading these words from Chief Seattle.

Does mankind ever rid themselves of yearning for their first love?
Every child must stagger out from the shadow of a mother goddess.
Drawn into the light, leaving the warm comfort from within her velvet womb.
Forever being consumed, trying to find their way back into that pacifying place.
A wet, tepid, comforting darkness, where we were conceived and developed.
Do we never escape searching for our roots, the very beginning of our existence?
Can we ever rid ourselves of this burning desire, to find the sanctuary first felt inside our Mother?

Earth is our mother, the beginning and the end of our existence, we all are her sons and daughters, connected, family, brothers and sisters, we are parts of her, she is our roots.
Our first love.
Cherish her, as she cherishes you.
Treat her with respect, love your brothers and sisters, they are, as everything is around us, a part of her, the web.
Intertwined, bound together by the strands of life given us.
We will all return to her when our time is right, when we have done, what we need to do.
Then once more, we will be cradled within the tepid, damp, darkness of her velvet womb.
Celebrating a homecoming with our first love.

Published 
Written by CKAcres
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments