Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Heart-Mind Perils

"Mind-Heart-Heart-Mind- MInd- Urghh."

2
2 Comments 2
1.5k Views 1.5k
382 words 382 words
Understanding the human mind isn't difficult as compared to understanding the human heart. The heart is crazier than the mind. Mind is black and white, but the heart is gray. You apply your mind to definite things, to decision making, where logic is necessary, but I fail to apply my mind in the matters of relationships. For instance, you're ready to help your friend at any cost, even when your mind tells you that it's something wrong you're going to do. Emotions play a huge role in our lives. Just to make a special one happy, you try to do everything that you can. Just seeing someone close to you upset because of something, you feel like hunting down that reason and slaughtering it so that you can bring a smile on his/her face. It's so natural, when I see my brother troubled I insist on knowing the reason and try to end it, I don't like it when he's not happy, no sibling does. Just because you don't want to upset your parents, you do what they tell you to and at times make sacrifices. There is so much of temptation in the world that your vision can easily get distorted, but love of your beloveds keeps you pure. Even when someone close to you is happy, you rejoice in their happiness.

Talking about disturbed emotions, they are caused due to indecision and infirmness, or something unpleasant, that's what I think. When you fail to make a decision then you get disturbed, unstable. You try to be stable, get your mind back on track, but you fail because you still haven't made a decision or haven't taken an action. This requires the collective action of the mind and the heart, because it's not the mind that's disturbed, it's the heart, and the heart is not the one who has to take the final decision, it's the mind. The heart just has to separate the black and white from gray and then the mind will automatically know what's right and what's wrong. But herein the problem lies that when it comes to relationships, the heart is gray. When you are disturbed because of a person close to you, you can never be practical.

You know what? This is all so confusing.

Published 
Written by azuma
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments