Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Life

"Life is to live, live it the best way you know how."

5
5 Comments 5
1.5k Views 1.5k
473 words 473 words


No one can reject the human nature, that makes one feel good in living; without which, life is all in vain.

Enjoy every moment given, feed every desire, every dream, every deviant thought, be curious, explore.

Revel in living life to bursting, it is yours to live, no one else's, unless you choose to share. Let every bolt from the blue tweak your desires. We only have one life, live it to the extreme.

Be ravished by the beauty of each sunrise, rain on a cloudy day, each sunset, the unadulterated darkness of night, all the universe offers is yours for the taking.

Take pleasure in knowing that no other sees it like you do.

They are not privy to your vantage point, dream and breathe life.

Don't let anyone take it from you. It is not theirs to steal, it is yours and yours alone.

Since all human behaviour has to benefit one's individual genes eventually, can there be such a thing as true altruism, or true egotism?

There are so many questions and so little time.

Age takes it's toll, but with age also comes wisdom. Sometimes too little too late.

I wish that I had learned at a younger age, that loving one's self is not a transgression, but a virtue. By doing so, loving everything and everyone around you becomes easier. Maybe there is hope for this old guy yet.

"No one knows when the final grain of sand will plummet through their own personal Hourglass."

I wonder, did Aristotle have it right in his work, Nicomachean Ethics?

"Our account of this science will be adequate if it achieves such clarity as the subject-matter allows; for the same degree of precision is not to be expected in all discussions, any more than in all products of handicraft."

  "The good for man is an activity of the soul in accordance with virtue, or if there are more kinds of virtue than one, in accordance with the best and most perfect kind."

"So virtue is a purposive disposition, lying in a mean that is relative to us and determined by a rational principle, by that which a prudent man would use to determine it."

"Between friends there is no need for justice, but people who are just still need the quality of friendship; and indeed friendliness is considered to be justice in the fullest sense. It is not only a necessary thing but a splendid one."

"Contemplation is both the highest form of activity (since the intellect is the highest thing in us, and the objects that it apprehends are the highest things that can be known), and also it is the most continuous, because we are more capable of continuous contemplation than we are of any practical activity."

I ask not to dispute, or debate, but to excite other minds.

Published 
Written by CKAcres
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments