Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
What a world

"To my number one person..."

3
2 Comments 2
159 Views 159
339 words 339 words

Author's Notes

"My best friend asked me what would happen if it was my perfect world. He has feelings for me and I him. He is currently in a relationship with someone who has cheated on him. He refuses to leave her. We agreed it would be for the best to repress how we feel for each other."

In my perfect world, I would hear a knock at my door. And it would be you, standing there. I would go to speak but you would silence me with a kiss. Our lips that once longed for each other would blend blissfully together. I would pull you close to me and inside my home. Breathless with each kiss.

In my perfect world, I would print out the next chapter of my book. I would rush into our bedroom excited to share it with you. You would be bundled up in blankets, eagerly waiting to hear my developments. Your eyes would light up as I began to read the words on the page. I can almost hear you now, chiming in with constructive advice. 


In my perfect world, we would argue about pointless things. Like how I like mushrooms on everything and how much you hate them. We would talk about the shows we would watch together. I would listen attentively to your perspectives and chime in with my own. 


In my perfect world, I would take care of you when you fell ill. I would feed you my grandfather's soup when you would catch a cold. I would massage your aching muscles. I would always make sure to make you feel comfortable.

In my perfect world, I would show my soul to you. Guide you around the bumps and bruises. Disclose, my deepest wishes and fears. Reveal truths I wouldn’t dare whisper to another. 

In my perfect world, we would rely on each other. Support one another through the hardships of life. Never wavering in our loyalty. We would be an unstoppable force, defying the odds. 

In this world, you didn’t choose me.
In this world, you chose her. 

In this world, we swallow the should of, could of, and would of’s. 

In this world, we hide the flames we hold for one another. 

In this world, we conceal the truth.
In this world, we carry on pretending.

Published 
Written by SilverJaye
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments