Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Going, Going, Gone

"Revised Version"

4
2 Comments 2
990 Views 990
619 words 619 words
Vapor is trailing from the rocket that is being counted down, to enter the cold of space. And there is no limit to those things we can do, and when you look into my eyes you can see beyond what you fear inside. We both know it all belongs to eternity, as we search for life that we never truly knew. Traveling through darkness to stand in the light once again, with both of us holding secrets, and even when the darkness falls we continue moving on down the line. Traveling as the Tao dictates and to where we may be called to head to.

And even when moments pass by there are times we can’t turn away, as some always have to or tend to look back. And the past never seems to be far from the moment that we happen to be in, with life actually being more than who and what we are. Still it seems at times that there is nothing left to believe in or to have faith in as those sacred things seem to have been broken. We both seem to be thinking about these things most of the time, though we try not to and I wonder if you are lonely where you are.

Now feeling those evening winds draw still, and there have been times when I just felt like losing my will and the way, and not ever knowing where they went. With there being times I don’t know what’s right or wrong, and I just know I need strength to fight the outside world from trying to control me. Especially against those who feel entitled, and are like those self proclaimed saints who are in most cases with the majority on the sides of fools. And I admit that life is hard and sometimes my dreams are locked and barred.

I have heard some say that I have ice water in my veins and the blood of the land in my voice, and these are some of the things I hear them say that make me question my existence at times. But, it don’t make a difference with what they say and I don’t see why it should; I probably wouldn’t change it even if I could for I have fought hard to be a true individual. I have heard them all just like the wind and the rain, or like the sound of that old night train I used to hear out in the distance, or just them as they sit and whistle Dixie.

But then again I never cared for their words of praise, for when I was called out I stood my ground while all the rest cut and ran. And I have taken the pain along with the joy and taken every hour as a test as well as a lesson learned and turned it to power. Yet, they still wonder why when they find that a heart of steel seems to be forming. These are our lives and we both know that for living them, on day we shall pay. And we both have our sins and I don’t care where you have been and think it’s the same in your eyes for me.

I have tried to take every minute with you and give it sixty seconds of effort and run, and I think we both can say that with the pain of life that has been felt and suffered in each kick or blow and felt the pain of every cut and broken bone. To be able to stand up with a clenched fist and swear we have lived!

Copyright Timberwolf International LTD: January 2016 – 08

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments