Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Adventures Across the Starways - 6

"All of a sudden one the the drunken men, reached up and grabbed her by the ankle!"

10
9 Comments 9
1.5k Views 1.5k
1.6k words 1.6k words
Chapter 6

By Kari and Khadaj

Jason thought for a few minutes before answering,

"Actually, I do. You found that pendant on your desk just before you had to disappear, eh? That in itself is suspicious, not to mention you've said a couple of times how whomever is chasing you has been able to stay on your trail."

Jason stroked his chin, staring at the pendant which was framed by her small breasts.

"I think Donny should have a look at that thing. He's got a knack for finding hidden electronics. He might even be able to take anything that might be in there out without destroying it." Jason met her eyes. "As for the moment...if you feel safe enough, pick a room to call yours for the trip to Lacuna. If you decide to stay with us we'll figure out something more permanent. You can settle in and get some sleep. The passenger rooms all lock from the inside. Just so you know we do have an override we can run if needed, but you have my word that will only happen in an emergency.”

"Get some rest, Zlanta will ping you at 0600 ship's time. It's 1800 ship's time now, so that will give you 12 hours to get used to the Tainted Angel and her crew."

As Jason speaks about her pendent, Sive picked it up again taking a closer look, moving her long hair out of the way, she put her hands around her neck to undo the clasp. Her fingers fumble with it, suddenly it falls into her cleavage. Looking up at the Captain, Sive's face reddens as she retrieves the pendent handing it over to him,

“Here, give this to Donny to go over. I hope you're right, and this is how they have been tracking me all this time. I'm sure they would have caught me ages ago, if it wasn't for my ability to completely change my appearance.”

Suddenly a thought occurs to Sive, (If I could stop running... oh, I could have a chance at a real life, this is indeed something to think about.) Suddenly she couldn't stop an on coming yawn, putting her hand up to her mouth she continues talking to Jason,

“But in the meantime just point me in the direction of the sleeping quarters, after the day I've had today, I'm sure I'll sleep like the dead.”

She gets up pushed her chair back, and starts to head for the door, pausing Sive looks back at Jason winking,

“I doubt anyone will come into my room while I sleep... believe me, they would be very very sorry.”

She continues out the door, then, pops her head back in for a moment,

“By the way, just in case your wondering, I am a fully trained doctor.”

Sive finds the rooms the Captain was talking about, putting her head in each til she finds the one with her gear. Smiling to herself, she closes the door behind her and quickly prepares for bed. All the while thinking, (This room will do, since they all look pretty much alike. Now the Captain seems like a good man, no nonsense but good I believe I can live with that.)

Suddenly she frowns, (When he looks at me, my palms get all sweaty and my heart rate accelerates, I better watch myself closely when around him. I don't think he misses much when it comes to female reactions.) With those thoughts she slips under the blanket and is soon fast asleep.

Jason went down to engineering with the pendant. "I want you to go over this with a fine tooth comb, but don't tear it apart unless there's something inside you need to get at." Then Jason headed for the bridge. Time to get off this rock.

Once he settled into his station on the bridge he toggled the comm.

"Flight Control, this is Tainted Angel ready for departure on escape vector 221 bearing 78 degrees vertical, over."

Soon enough the Angel and her crew are space-bound. Once they were on their way for sure Jason checked his scanners for traffic nearby. The screens were clear. He nodded, went for a cup of coffee and came back to stand his watch. Four hours. Alone.

He thought about their newest crewmember. Her first instinct seemed to be to con the closest person around, which made him wary. Hearing her story made him wonder if that was learned rather than inborn. They needed her skills. Zlanta had shown him her scores and she knew her stuff. Given some of the deals they'd run and the people they had to do 'business' with, injuries occurred. Having a doc would really help avoid official notice since they wouldn't have to go to the local med facilities with the more serious injuries.

More serious was how attractive he found her. He thought he'd caught something in her look as she said, "By the way, if you're wondering, I am a fully trained doctor." Did she find him attractive? That would be dangerous. She was a con, she'd shown that. If he made a move on her she could use that to lead him down the garden path. The other hand was...it'd been a while since he'd found someone attractive. Oh, there were girls pretty enough at any port. Most of them were working girls and he didn't care to share his bed that way. The very few single non-prostitute women he'd met were looking for someone to settle down with. On a planet.

Jason figured he wasn't the settling down type. He enjoyed moving from place to place, his home a shell he carried with him. So far he'd not found anyone willing to share that shell with him save his crew. Zlanta was married to Donny of all people, which Jason didn't understand at all. They were happy enough though.

Jason found himself thinking about the way Sive's hips moved in that leather outfit as she headed for her cabin. The leather left little enough to the imagination. He thought the feel of that under him would be very pleasurable indeed. He shifted, his pants suddenly uncomfortable. Time to get back to work and stop daydreaming.

The Dream;

Dana knew her shift was coming up soon, she better get a move on then, grabbing her costume she stuffed it into her bag and headed for the bar. Sive hated to have to do this gig, but jobs on this planet had been scarce, except for this kind of job. So she had done her homework and come up with yet another alias. “ Dana, Exotic Dancer Extraordinaire” That title always made her laugh.

She quickly entered her dressing room, slipped out of her leather outfit and changed into her costume.Tonight it was her kitty outfit, skin tight, low cut with a tail that swished back and forth, it was one of her more popular outfits, getting her plenty of tips at the end of her act, but it also got her more then a few propositions. Hence the knife she had tucked into her boot.

Once she heard her name called, Dana headed for the stage, nodding her head for the music to begin. The music was of the genres, that you heard everywhere in this kind of establishment, slow and sultry, she began to move to the rhythm, smiling at the men as she lifted her leg onto a chair in the center of the stage. Leaning down, her hand went to her ankle, and smoothly travelled up her leg, then she shifted and danced seductively towards the edge of the stage always smiling.

All of a sudden one the the drunken men, reached up and grabbed her by the ankle, sliding his big paw of a hand up her leg. Trying to be smooth, she tried to get away, but he wouldn't let go, he started to pull her off the stage, she cried out. 

“Let go of me!” Over and over again. “Let go of me!”

Sive's mind struggled to come out of the dream finally screaming,

“LET GO OF ME!”

She woke up with a start, heart beating swiftly, body sweating and shivering, looking around she realized it had been just another nightmare and that she was safe on Jason Dubois's ship. Sive lay back again, waiting to calm down, glancing at the time, she sighed, (Only 0500, there was no way she could go back to sleep now, may as well get ready for the day.) She quickly showered in the communal shower down the hall, it was nice that she didn't bump into anyone with just a towel wrapped around her .

Once back in her room she quickly dried off picking out a fresh outfit and slid her body into it. Black leather as usual she had to chuckle thinking, (I do like leather.) as she ran her hands to smooth it out in places. Looking in the small mirror she put her hair up in a knot. Finally she thought about emphasizing her eyes, closing them for a few seconds while she thought about how she wanted to look. Sive opened them looking in the mirror, she smiled in satisfaction at the results. Her eyes were accentuated with what looked like black liner. Sighing to herself she sat down and waited for Zlanta's wake up call.

Published 
Written by Kari
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments