last reply
239 replies
24.1k views
0 watchers
5 likes
Chasing Dragons
0 likes

I had a round Tuit once...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Primus Omnium
0 likes

It was National Atheist Day on March 23rd.

Primus Omnium
0 likes

Today is National Vietnam War Veterans Day

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Today is the last day of March and April is nigh.

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Eighty eight years!

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Primus Omnium
0 likes

Walpurgis Night, an abbreviation of Saint Walpurgis Night (from the German Sankt-Walpurgisnacht ), also known as Saint Walpurga's Eve (alternatively spelled Saint Walburga's Eve), is the eve of the Christian feast day of Saint Walpurga, an 8th-century abbess in Francia, and is celebrated on the night of 30 April and the day of 1 May. This feast commemorates the canonization of Saint Walpurga and the movement of her relics to Eichstätt, both of which occurred on 1 May 870

Walpurgisnacht is also called Hexennacht.

The Church of Satan was founded on Sankt Walpurgisnacht in 1966. Founder Anton Szandor LaVey states in The Satanic Bible that besides one's own birthday, Walpurgisnacht ranks as an important Satanic holiday, noting the Eve of May has been memorialized as "symbolizing the fruition of the spring equinox", and chose the date well aware of the date's traditional association with witchcraft.

Additionally, The Satanic Temple celebrates Hexennacht as "a solemn holiday to honor those who were victimized by superstition".

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Bram Stoker's short story (originally meant as a chapter for Dracula) "Dracula's Guest" takes place on Walpurgis Night.

I am taking LaVey's advice and celebrating my birthday as a Satanic holiday (well, I'm taking the day off work) next week.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Primus Omnium
0 likes

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!

Today is my wife's birthday in addition to being Star Wars Day.

Primus Omnium
0 likes

Let's celebrate National Latina Day!

Primus Omnium
0 likes

Today is Apostasy Day first celebrated by ex-Muslims in 2020. It is now celebrated each year.

Primus Omnium
0 likes

It is National Dog Day

Primus Omnium
1 like

It is time to celebrate World Ballet Day.

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Lent

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace

0 likes

The beginning of Lent. Was so pleased to discover that Methodists celebrate Lent. Hubby and I are making the switch from the Catholic Church to the Methodist Church. We needed a place of worship that felt more inclusive.

~Kat~

My top ten Monsters and Myths competition story:

Queen of the Turbines

My 2nd place Mardi Gras competition story:

Memories of Mardi Gras (One Last Time)

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Quote by KatarinaTechgoddess

Hubby and I are making the switch from the Catholic Church to the Methodist Church. We needed a place of worship that felt more inclusive.

A sad statement but, unfortunately, very true. I am a lapsed Catholic because of the way the Catholic church is operated. My daughter married in a Catholic church seventeen years ago. The Parish Priest spoke to no-one afterwards other than those whom he recognised as his own 'flock'. They wonder why church attendance is falling rapidly. 🙁

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by KatarinaTechgoddess

The beginning of Lent. Was so pleased to discover that Methodists celebrate Lent. Hubby and I are making the switch from the Catholic Church to the Methodist Church. We needed a place of worship that felt more inclusive.

I think most Christians, at least in the West, celebrate Lent to some degree. Most Protestants don't fast the way Catholics traditionally did, though. Not even sure if most Catholics do anymore.

Not sure I am celebrating anything right now. Making it home in one piece, I guess. We are getting an ice storm.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

Me last Saturday, on our anniversary, being taken to a wedding chapel to be (GULP!) wed to my groom all over again!

Mystica Flora
0 likes

Christmas until February 2!

Splendor

Dream On competition; dream, imagine, peace