Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
A Week You Said

"Is a week long enough?"

8
8 Comments 8
1.3k Views 1.3k
417 words 417 words
Who is going to make you laugh? Who is going to laugh with you when you crack your silly redneck jokes? It's not going to be me. A week you said. No contact at all you said. Think about if I want you as you are now and let go of you as I want you to be, and you will think about whether "us" is still something you want. 

I only ever wanted more of you. Is that such a bad thing? A circle. We keep circling around it. It's me who gets upset not you. You are happy you say but do you really get all you need from "us"? We both know I don't but it's so hard when you love a person so much but you can't see them or hear from them when you want to. I miss you SO much. I don't know if you even know how much I miss you. What it feels like. Sometimes I just want you. I'm so very afraid you will tell me you don't want to try anymore. That makes me cry even more. I think that if you should tell me that, then I will no longer be able to speak. There will be no need to tell you what I want because you will have taken it all away. I shall then walk away. 

I love everything about you. Your voice, your beautiful smile, your 'tall', your humour, your mind, your kindness, and everything else. I don't know how I would cope without all that. Who is going to tease me? Annoy me until I'm cranky? You piss me off a lot but it never lasts long then we laugh. It's just too bloody quiet here now! my thoughts have nowhere to go. Neither do my words. They are all building up inside me and have no way of escape other than the tears I shed when thinking about us not being "us" anymore. 

I do still want to be us. I'm not going to throw it away. But will you? I do know that what I have now is not enough but I don't think I can give away what isn't enough. Is "enough" really going to make me happy? Will giving it back to you be easier on us both? I don't believe that. I believe in the word "compromise". You give a little more, I expect a little less. I think that could work. Won't you try once more?

Published 
Written by Trinket
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments