Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Dark Knight Lost Soul

"As his heart turned to black stone"

6
6 Comments 6
1.8k Views 1.8k
245 words 245 words
Dark Knight Lost Soul

Once there was a young knight from the Spanish countryside.

On one of his many journeys he did meet an exotic maiden, her hand promised to a great warrior from the isle of mists. He did so plot and coax this exotic maiden with grand stories with one goal in mind: to claim this exotic little flower as his own.

As the tongues wagged at court, the knight grew emboldened. He must claim this maiden, mark her his toy, his prize.

Soon the old rajah heard of these advances on his little dove. For this maiden was no ordinary maiden but the rajah's favorite daughter.

There arose a mighty thunder. Men quaked for they knew the wrath of their great rajah.

Calling the knight forward, the rajah leaned forward as if to read this mere knight's soul. He barked a command: "Strip this knight of his armor and sword. Mark him with the letter S on his chest, then send him back in shame to his Queen Petronilla as a warning to all anglos. Fool! Did he think he could claim and mark my favorite?"

As the S burned into his chest, he made a pledge to the unholy. 

For "I swear allegiance to your banner," his heart turned to black stone.

So this tale goes. A knight so great for the lust of a maiden did turn to become the Dark Knight, a Lost Soul walking this earth till eternity.

Published 
Written by fuzzy1954
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments