Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Race

"We all run the race."

1
1 Comment 1
1.4k Views 1.4k
282 words 282 words
My entire life is a mere shadow of my own existence. My struggles, my sadness, my pain, my happiness and my achievements all making the shadow taller for those who want to see it. To understand me you got to live my life and be with the people I encountered.

The people I met shaped me into what I am today. None were good or bad, just catalysts devised to decipher their own creation and dimensions more than it defined me.

My shadow on the other hand was already running on pebbled tracks, racing against time. I could see some people standing outside the ring of my tracks and all I wondered was whether I would see them again?

The faster I ran the slower I got until I realised the purpose of my running at all, and it was then that I embraced the race and two things happened immediately after, the panting stopped and peace settled in.

Now it was just the feeling of the race all around me and with each passing moment the race itself became alive and breathing. The surge of warmth ran though the entire network of my body too, reaching up to the top and coming down like a wave, splashing onto my heart & exploding like million stars.

I wonder whether this is what euphoria is. This feeling of warmth running though the veins and the heart beating to its rhythm. Maybe it is.

Somehow the race seems to have slowed me down and yet I am content to know that my race was not futile, there was more to the steps being carried on the tracks ................................................and that more was how it defined ME. 

Published 
Written by MileeBanerjeeOGN
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments