Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.4k replies
410k views
17 watchers
983 likes
Administration
0 likes
Hey everyone and happy Friday the 13th!

I hope everyone is having a great day and staying cool. It's reading 106°F (41°C) where I'm at right now. Yuck.

I posted this in another forum, but quite a few members frequent the coffee house so I wanted to share it here as well.

I know by now a lot of you have noticed the glitching going on, especially in the forums. Unfortunately, it's all part of the process. I'm sure it's going to happen a few times over the next little bit while the site begins its updates.

Please be patient with us and know if it's down, it will come back shortly.

Thanks!

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to message me and I'll try to answer them as best as I can.
👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes
hi peeps
A beautiful day here not too bad weather wise
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in my tummy

Not much going on today.
It being Friday the 13th I might watch something a little scary
*Peeking in the cookie jars * we are good shape

Working on something for the inspirators challenge

*Giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats*

*Giggle* cats and show tunes.

Molly thanks for the update on the glitches

My Competition Story : 💜 Milly's Adventure https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/childrens/millys-adventure-2

Primus Omnium
0 likes
We are still having glitches so it is difficult to get anything posted properly.

I've made coffee already so sit and relax. Or make a cuppa tea if you prefer.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Might want to give the servers a cup or two of that coffee to perk them up.t5NKRmi3Fcs0rQkf

Putting the kettle on and have a pot with some Earl Grey ready to go.

Now officially on vacation for two weeks. First order of business should be a story for the Inspirators Challenge. I have expanded the challenge first line into a paragraph, but that's about it. Keep waffling on where I want to take the story from there.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Plus One - A "Not What It Looks Like" comp entry

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes
hi peeps
A beautiful day here.
A large iced coffee sounds good to me
Slow moving today .
Hope to get something written.

Hi Larry and Mr Victor hope you are staying cool
Scott hope you are enjoying your vacation .

*Cleaning out the emergency cookie tins they were getting stale, wiping them out then filling them with the cookies from the other day*
Today's offerings are sugar cookies that are diabetic friendly and gluten free friendly too :
Shaped like:suns with bows , watermelon slices,ice cream cones, ice cream bars, pineapples,palm trees, flamingos,suns with sunglasses, sunglasses,beach balls and flip flops.

*Filling the cookie jars to the tippy top and leaving a platter of cookies on the counter *

*Giving the adorable critters fresh water and fun treats shaped like Beach balls *
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Stay safe

My Competition Story : 💜 Milly's Adventure https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/childrens/millys-adventure-2

Primus Omnium
0 likes
Hello, folks. The coffee is finally brewed if you care for a cuppa.

We spent about five hours driving around the countryside and stopping here and there along the way. Victor was quite pleased to discover some new country that he could claim for our family. We stopped in Council Grove, Morris County. It was a meeting place along the route of the Santa Fe Trail. We took a walk along the river walk where we saw tons of turtles sunning themselves on logs in the water below the weir.

Then we went into Chase County. It was made rather famous in a book called PrairyErth by William Least Heat-Moon. While there we stopped in Strong City and Cottonwood Falls. Victor enjoyed seeing another river.

It is fun to get out and simply drive. I have discovered that my body is not really up to a lot of physical stuff anymore, but the driving is fine.

Be careful out there.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes
hi peeps
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee sounds good to me
Not a lot going on today

*Peeking in the cookie jars and giggles* we are in good shape
Stay safe everyone!

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Managed to get in. Seems a bit faster today.

Coffee and kettle are on, Irish Breakfast is in the teapot.

I have a story written based on the challenge first line. Been letting it "stew" but will be revisiting (and likely editing the hell out of) it today and then maybe posting if I'm happy with the outcome. It's urban fantasy and I am already contemplating if I want to write more stories using a couple of the characters.

Attending a wedding reception as "cover" for a friend opens the door to some revelations and discoveries.

Primus Omnium
0 likes
While I am struggling to get this forum to work properly I will brew up some coffee. We can sit down in a few minutes for our coffee and some cookies. Tell us about your day so far, or what you plan to do now that the day has begun.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes
Hey, I got in!

Hope everyone is well.

The Mets had a lost weekend, and now sit with their backs broken in third place.

Sara's Braves now sit atop the NL East.

We watched the first 7 episodes of M Night Shalamabam's Servent on Apple TV. Still hanging in through the end, but man, I'm gonna be pissed if he can't pull all these threads together. I am skeptical he can. But hey, it's free for 3 months with my new iPad, and the only other thing on Apple TV is The Morning Show (which is pretty good).

I really am gonna finish that dog park story today.

Peace, everyone. A coffee and a giant sugar cookie please.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Back from a bike ride. Weather held out though the sky looks a bit threatening.

Just going to give my story another pass and then maybe post it.

Tea and cookies time. Boiling the kettle and have some sencha (Japanese green) in the pot.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes
hi peeps
A beautiful day here .
Working on a few things so maybe I'll get something finished
Dragging butt today so a extra large iced coffee sounds good

I do have fresh cookies today . *Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*
today's offerings
In Big Bird: apple cinnamon whippersnappers, blueberry shortbread cookies,pecan divines and oatmeal raisin cookies
In Cookie Monster : ginger snaps, butterscotch marshmallow cookies, banana chocolate chip cookies and apple cinnamon whippersnappers
In Elmo : mocha chocolate cookies, raspberry jam cookies butterscotch chocolate chip cookies and gingerbread cookies

Story Moderator
0 likes
I got in but it took a long time. I can't get in the forums on my phone at all.

We've been having some serious thunderstorms here. I love the sound of the rain but not the thunder, I have a phobia about loud noises. The rain is good for all my gardens, so I'm not going to complain, much.

I hope Monday wasn't too bad for everyone.

I'll steal a few cookies, then go and try to get some sleep.

Cheers everyone!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
What's happening? Anyone want coffee? I am making some right now. The tea kettle is there if anyone needs it.

Let's hope it is a good day. I am not really sure, but the neighbors seem to be all moved out and a huge pile of "stuff" is at the curbside awaiting the trash collectors who come around on Thursday in my neighborhood.

Be careful out there.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Good morning. The forum pokiness continues but I am glad a few of us are pushing through it.

My new story is up, if you want something easier to access (but comments are experiencing the slowdown, too, it seems). It's my take on the Inspirator's Challenge.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/supernatural/-songs-to-keep-monsters-away-.aspx

Hope all are keeping well. Kettle is on and there's Scottish Breakfast in the pot.

Magnificent Bastard
0 likes
Hey Every-Body,

As per my recent story, I’m being held hostage in the mountains. I haven’t been able to access the forums ‘n stuff for several days until just now. I suspect it has something to do with the imminent changeover.

I’ll get to replies and comment on new stories ASAP. My cap-toors have me busy. Had to start the furnace this morning. Tres chilli. Gotta chop some more wood.

Anyone see the Field of Dreams special the other night?

I only saw the entrance from the cornfields and all the players take the field. Still emotional. Damn music and father/son thingie.

Gotta go. Later…
Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Carey’d away.
0 likes
Not me wondering how many marshmallows Jane would be able to fit into her mouth at one time.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tried the door to this place this afternoon not expecting it to open — and lo & behold, here I am, back in the sheltering warmth waiting for the staff to take my order.

I'd say nice to be back, but this is my first time in the place. Looks okay. I'll be taking notes as I sip my sloppy-capo-froffo.
Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes
Quote by Ping
Hey Every-Body,

Anyone see the Field of Dreams special the other night?

I only saw the entrance from the cornfields and all the players take the field. Still emotional. Damn music and father/son thingie.

Gotta go. Later…

Yeah. I watched it late. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Baseball, fathers and sons, America's Pastime, if-you-build-it-they-will-come, yadayadayada. I eat it all up.

And I say this as the Mets are in freefall toward the basement of the NL East. Yikes! Glad Sara's Braves are doing well. They deserve it.

Looking forward to your story, O One True Ping. And Scott's monster story too.

Finally finished my dog park story. Now I get to edit it into shape, and it's a bit of a mess. Booooring. Such is my life these days.

It's nice to see the Forum up to speed again. Rumors from another site say the switch will happen Thursday.

Coffee time. Which means, cookie time!

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm not much of a baseball fan. The company my mom works for has season tix to the Angels. So, once in a blue moon, we will use them. What is a blue moon, anyway? I've heard of a blood moon or harvest moon, but never can recall seeing a blue moon. Maybe I should amend my statement...So, once in a blood moon, we will use them.

Speaking of spooky...(that's a reference to the blood moon)...I have submitted a little micro-horror. It's called: The Shadow in the House. Such an original title!

I hope everyone is having a stellar day. Love all the entries into the lead-in prompt challenge. So many creative minds in the mix here.

pours some coffee and steals one of Verbal's cookies
👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes
hi people
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy

Today is LIBRARY day so that was fun .
Glad that some of the glitches are at bay .
*peeking in the cookie jars * lots and lots of cookies....now where are the cookie bandits

Jeff sorry about your Mets .

Luca hope you enjoy your stay here ! Do you have a favorite cookie?

MLB standings today
Atlanta 1st NL EAST
Mets 3rd in NL EAST
Washington 5th in NL EAST
Chicago Cubs 4th in NL central
San Diego 3rd in NL west
Arizona 5th in NL west (ouch 38 -81)
Toronto 4th in AL east

Stay safe everyone

0 likes
Quote by Tams
What is a blue moon, anyway? I've heard of a blood moon or harvest moon, but never can recall seeing a blue moon. Maybe I should amend my statement...So, once in a blood moon, we will use them.

What Is a Blue Moon?

There are two different definitions for a Blue Moon. A seasonal Blue Moon is the third Full Moon of an astronomical season that has four Full Moons. A monthly Blue Moon is the second Full Moon in a calendar month with two Full Moons.

The Full Moon on August 22/23, 2021 is a seasonal Blue Moon.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/blue-moon.html

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Ah, things are running nicely again. Got a tea with lime going. Funny thing I found in my timeline. Apparently, I really like my own stories.

Or maybe just had a slip of the finger.

Anyhow, I am now contemplating where my somewhat mysterious characters "the man" and "the girl" should go from here. Who are they? What are they up to (besides chasing off monsters)?

Story Moderator
0 likes
Quote by LucaByDay
I tried the door to this place this afternoon not expecting it to open — and lo & behold, here I am, back in the sheltering warmth waiting for the staff to take my order.

I'd say nice to be back, but this is my first time in the place. Looks okay. I'll be taking notes as I sip my sloppy-capo-froffo.

I'm glad the forums are working again, and you could get in. It's good to see you here.

We got our boat running again and took it out Saturday. Unfortunately, we couldn't go in the water because the bay and river are full of stinging jellyfish. I have an awful reaction to their stings. They used to show up much later in the season and not out in the middle of the bay. Now they arrive early and are everywhere. Of course, the water temps are higher each summer. Last summer it was ninety degrees in the bay. That's not exactly a temperature for a refreshing dip.

Okay, I'll stop complaining, for now.

I have a lemonade, please, and a few cookies. Are there any snickerdoodles left?

Cheers Everyone!
Kind-hearted Aussie Angel
0 likes
hi all

Been a while since I stopped by, hope every one is doing well
It’s a beautiful day here… Not a lot going on
Might stop by the library

Take care
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by aussie_kitty77
hi all

Been a while since I stopped by, hope every one is doing well
It’s a beautiful day here… Not a lot going on
Might stop by the library

Take care

Hey, nice to see you pop by. Hope all is well with you, too. Ape is good.

Coffee is brewing, kettle is whistling. Put some Earl Grey in the pot.

Grey day here so might have to stay inside, though it's only a 40% chance of showers. Still, got plenty of fresh air and sunshine the last couple days.

Primus Omnium
0 likes
Today is going to be a lovely day. I will start out with some fresh coffee. I hope everyone has a nice day.

Be well.

Story Moderator
0 likes
Morning, Scott. Glad I am to be back among all the inspired Inspirators. For some reason, I haven't been able to slip in for days now. My fiendish plan for today's breaking and entry was to abandone shortcuts and use the long, old-fashioned method which, for me, involves scrolling down the list of all forums preceding Inspirations.

I've no idea why this has happened, of course. Might have something to do with the upcoming switch-aroo or maybe my screen reader is been balky -- again. (sigh)

Since the Wild Ape from the North Woods has done gone and left a morning set-up, I'm gonna fill my mug with coffee, my off hand with Sarah's cookies and make my way to a comfy chair at the corner table where I'll rest my rumpled rump and cogitate on what was, what is, and what may be coming.

Later, Inspirators.
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
Morning, Scott. Glad I am to be back among all the inspired Inspirators. For some reason, I haven't been able to slip in for days now.

It was a technical issue on the SS side. All of us were having problems getting in. I don't know details, only that Nic got it fixed and that the transition to the new site was somehow involved. Apparently, the actual flip may happen tomorrow per her Ladyship's last post on the subject (see relevant thread).

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Fricking double post.