Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Windows

"We all have windows to the world, but how do we use them?"

10
10 Comments 10
1.7k Views 1.7k
219 words 219 words
I sit here looking at my screen, chatting with friends, tweeting and reading email. I look up and see the setting sun beaming through into my life. I look out the window and watch the setting sun sink slowly into the Pacific Ocean making one of my worlds very dark.

My other window is still lit not with sunlight, but with life and the heart light shining from each person. No matter what time it is, there is light and life on the window of my screen.

My windows, real and virtual, provide visual stimulation through simulation, allowing me to assimilate the best and worst of both worlds.

Through them, I experience visual and auditory stimulation. I assimilate knowledge, love, hate, violence, beauty, friendship, relationships, romance and views of the world.

My emotions soar and crash.

My heart sings with love and gets ripped and shredded, when love fades and dies.

I see beauty in small things and in the grand scale.

I see hate and violence played out on the streets.

I give my love and sometimes it is taken, stolen from me.

These windows, though physically different, provide the same level of satisfaction, pleasure, frustration and pain.

These windows provide the means and method to escape reality and let my mind wander, just as it does now.

Published 
Written by frogprince
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments