Find your next favourite story now
Login

Announcing The Winners Of Our A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Competition!

last reply
16 replies
2 watchers
34 likes
Administration
3 likes

You all never cease to amaze me. The talent on this site is top-notch and I’m proud to be a part of it! 

I would like to congratulate Verbal, Ping, and KatarinaTechgoddess for taking the top 3! 

1st Place: Fire and Ice by  verbal

2nd Place: I Am Woman, Hear Me Rorschach by  Ping

3rd Place: Focus on the Beauty by  KatarinaTechgoddess

The following entries round out the Top 10, and if you haven't done so already, I recommend giving them a read too:

4th: Jewel by  Pnin

5th: Dead Centre by  Ceebees

6th: The Healing Lake by  Brad_Naylor

7th: Peace by  AnnaMayZing

8th: Winter's Hope by  redwriter

9th: Ferdinand by  OpheliaTusk

10th: Sketching Snowflakes by  Mendalla

Thank you to everyone that participated, as well as those that scored and commented. The stories are amazing, but we rely on you to help keep us motivated. 

Congratulations again to the winners! I’ll be in touch soon regarding your prize.

Crazy old ape
3 likes

Woo hoo! Congratulations to the top 3! Good choices all!

I think we had a good selection of stories with interesting takes on the pictures.

Thanks for a terrific competition!

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

4 likes

Wow! I’m very glad I managed to finish this story in time! I am so excited to place in the top 3! Congratulations to everyone who placed! I’m so honored to have finally reached the podium!

There were some incredible stories in this comp!!

~Kat~

My top ten Monsters and Myths competition story:

Queen of the Turbines

My 2nd place Mardi Gras competition story:

Memories of Mardi Gras (One Last Time)

Shy Scribbler
2 likes

Woohoo! worship :worship: Huge congrats to Verbal, Ping, and Kat! Loved your takes on the picture!

Congrats to all 12 authors who entered! Every story had merit! Keep writing, peeps! smile

Just a simple girl from Kentucky scribbling her way through this great big world.

2 likes

Well done, you three – Verbal, Ping, and Kat! And well done all top ten! It was a fun comp, and the winners certainly deserve it!

YEA! Congratulations! 🍷

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Active Ink Slinger
2 likes

Congrats to everyone! Looking forward to the next competition!

Active Ink Slinger
4 likes

Congrats to the winners. I can't believe I made it to 6th place. That's my best result ever. I think I came last, last time. I did enjoy this one. Looking forward to the next one. What will it be?

Active Ink Slinger
3 likes

Congratulations Verbal, Ping and Katarina.. three stunning stories and worthy winners.

I’m delighted to make the top 10 in what was a really fun competition. I loved the added restrictions of the exact word count and the picture prompt. They really helped focus.

Thank you so much, Molly, for organising. Here’s to the next one.

Magnificent Bastard
1 like

I've been away for a bit. Weekend passes had been revoked. The fine print actually does say 'No shivs allowed'. Who knew?

So glad these competitions have become a regular staple here. Much thanks to Molly, my South African friend, the rest of admin, those that participated, and those that judged the competition. Awesome to see creative stuff in a competitive format.

Verbs, you sneaky buggar. You know EXACTLY what I mean. LOL. Congrats. Drinks are on you.

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Kaiju-adjacent
2 likes

I guess there's money to be made in ruining everyone's Christmas. smile

I'm honored to be on the podium with Ping and Kat, particularly since I borrowed Ping's brain to write mine, and kinda aped his style. Congrats to everyone who won, and placed, and entered. It was fun to see all the different takes. Like a Rorschach test. Which doesn't speak well for me. :)

These contests are great. Thank you, Molly, for organizing all this and giving us a fun way to pass the time during winter break.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by CuriousAnnie

What's this winter you are talking about?

Someday, we are going to get you spend a winter in Ontario. You'll appreciate your homeland all the more, I assure you.🤣

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Chasing Dragons
2 likes

Congrats to the winners and the Runners up. A good selection of stories here. Who knew what a variety of ideas could come from just two simple photographs?

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Story Moderator
2 likes

Congratulations, Jeff, Ping, and Kat. I loved your stories. It is always a treat to see how different authors treat the theme. All of the stories were original and fun to read. Thanks to everyone who entered and to Molly for running another successful competition.

1 like

Extra special congratulations to Verbal, Ping and Kat! 🎂🎁

Congratulations to all! 😇❤️

The writers and writers here are extraordinary and extraordinarily talented. 😊