Find your next favourite story now
Login

Author's Notes

"The 8th installment of Scamp and friends Adventures"

It was that time of year. Miss Emily had planned her annual Halloween party. The farm was the perfect place for a scary good time. The farmhouse and all the outbuildings were over two hundred years old. The farm had been in her family for generations. It was a pretty big place to have lots of fun. The place had stayed pretty much original other than a modern kitchen and indoor plumbing and updated lights and wiring. 

The critters thought it was funny to have an outhouse on the property till Miss Emily told them what it was for. 

Miss Emily loved opening up the house and farm to the neighbors and local orphanage for the children to have fun. The children loved coming to the farm for a night of fun. The kids loved having a sleepover at Miss Emily's. Miss Emily dressed up all the little critters in costumes to greet the kids when they arrive.  

The bus from the orphanage pulled up the driveway and Sparky, the pup, let out a bark to let everyone know their guests had arrived. 

Miss Emily came out and greeted the children. 

"Welcome to the spook town village."

The children ran to greet the animals. Miss Emily let them run around for a while then called them over to her. She said, "Children, I have costumes for everyone. Please look in the closet on the porch and pick one you would like."

Miss Emily had lots of help with the party. Miss Elizabeth, Miss Cynthia, and Mr. Larry came to help and Victor, Mr. Larry's faithful canine companion came, too. Mr. Larry was going to be the storyteller for the event. Misses Elizabeth and Cynthia would help with the costumes. 

All the kids got their costumes on and then it was time for the feast of fun foods. 

The outbuildings were set up for trick or treating. Miss Emily had an adult at each building to hand out candy and fun things. Each building was decorated. 

The animals followed the children around for treats, too. It was cute to see them in their costumes.  

When the trick or treating was done and since it was a warm night the helpers set up the barn so the children could get settled in. Part of the party was getting to camp out with the animals. Each animal had two kids with them. 

Sparky was a favorite with the younger children. Scamp, the monkey, was excited to have kids stay with them overnight.  

Everyone changed into their pajamas then got settled on their mattresses and tucked into their sleeping bags. The animals got settled down.

Mr. Larry read them some spooky tales. The kids and animals drifted off one by one. Miss Emily kissed all the children and animals on the forehead and said, "Good night."

 

Published 
Written by DenimAngel
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments