Find your next favourite story now
Login

Adventure Stories

Our adventure category is for stories that tend to be more slow-paced than action stories. They share some attributes, but differ in that they are less about the destination and more about the journey.

It focuses on the camaraderie between characters, their escapades, their relationships and what brings them either closer together, or farther apart.

Adventure stories can cover a wide range of settings, from the epic, to the mundane, but every one has capers that lead to discovery in one form or another.

Chaordia - A Novel of Transformation Ch. 8

Because of climate change a man wants to transform an old farm into a new colony in Vermont

Sun Dancer led us back to the farm on a narrow, well worn and clearedpath that was much easier than the way we had walked before. "This is the way we go to visit our ancestors who are buried near the river,” he said. “Remember this way when you return tom...

Chaordia - A Novel of Transformation Ch. 7

Because of climate change a man wants to transform an old farm into a new colony

While we made our way down the other side of the hill through the much thicker woods and no path, we stopped a few times, uncertain which way to go. "I think it’s this way," I said, pointing in one direction and Alice said, "No, I think we came from that...

Chaordia - A Novel of Transformation Ch. 6

Because of climate change a man wants to transform an old farm into a new colony

When they left, no one spoke. My dad clutched his coffee cup with both hands and stared into the fire. Glenn's gazed in the direction where the three Indians had disappeared, then, shaking his head, looked down at the ground, mulling over what had happene...

Chaordia - A Novel of Transformation Ch. 5

Because of climate change a man wants to transform an old farm into a new colony

Dad sat in the front seat of Glenn’s green and white VW bus, and I sat in the back with Alice and Tammy. We had all of our sleeping bags and backpacks in the rear but no tents. Glen thought we would be able to sleep in the barn, or maybe the house, and sa...

Chaordia - A Novel of Transformation Ch. 4

Because of climate change a man wants to transform an old farm into a new colony

It had stopped raining, but the dark, wet streets sparkled from the streetlights. We drove for a few blocks before anyone said anything. Alice turned to look at me in the backseat as if she wanted to say something, but hesitated. Her eyes told me she was...

Chaordia - A Novel of Transformation Ch. 1

Because of climate change a man wants to transform an old farm into a new way of living.

It's amazing how something happens that changes your life. I mean, you hear something, see something, read something and you know nothing will ever be the same. That's what happened the night I finished reading the final book of the Atlantis Trilogy by Ar...

Through The Ages - chapter 8

Wicked came over looking angry. He started to paw the ground then suddenly rushed at us stopping jus

Hercules and other BullsMy ears heard Duris' voice, “Meet......Hercules.”We were all frozen with fright as he swiftly trotted toward us, Duris whispered, “Don't anyone run because he will only chase you!”As the huge animal quickly made his way across the...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Crimson Flow

An epic story of the Silverian Line

The shackles chafed her wrists as they moved against the cold, wet metal. Her bare back is pressed to the frigid, damp, and lichen-eaten stone wall. The only light she could see was through the small barred window on the door. She leaned against wall star...

Through The Ages - chapter 7

Before our widened eyes in walked the biggest, blackest bull I had ever laid eyes on.

Chapter 7TrainingAll eyes were on Duris as he slowly walked over to the end of the long table so everyone could see and hear what he had to say. Nina followed but stopped just a few feet behind the girls. He first looked at the boys seeing how they were r...

Adrenalin

Two marine park divers have a close encounter with a great white shark

The fifty-two-metre fishing trawler loomed high above us, its rust-ravaged hull already succumbing to the relentless invasion of barnacles and other parasitic sea life. Listing forty-odd degrees on its port side, it exposed its belly like a lazy dog hopin...

Through The Ages - chapter 6

“Please madam, these are kilts, why are you asking us to wear men's garments? “

Knossos Gelo signaled the horse to move forward toward the far northeast end of the elaborate grounds. All of us were still gazing at the richness of the buildings, as well as the surrounding property. When the horse finally came to a stop, we found ourse...

Through The Ages - chapter 5

Just before we were to enter Knossos, Kori and I had the incredible luck to have an opportunity to e

The JourneyAs we watched the last house disappear, Kori started to cry. We were both in shock at the swiftness of events that lead us to this position. I shook my head as I bent down and whispered, “Don't worry Kori, I will keep you safe, no matter what h...

Through The Ages - chapter 4

“Korinna.... I will keep our little secret but want something more in return.”

Both Nikos and Kori stood staring at each other until Aunt Mia who was holding the plate of food gazed back and forth with a puzzled expression on her face,“Is there something wrong? You two are acting rather odd.”At that statement, Kori came alive replyi...

Through The Ages - chapter 3

I had no interest in meeting this girl, to be honest I had thoughts only of the beauty in the pool.

Town LifeAs I quickly rushed away from the girl in the pond, I kept thinking, “She is the most beautiful naked girl I have ever seen, actually she is the only naked girl I have ever seen. Regardless, she is a goddess!”Then it occurred to me, I had to see...