Find your next favourite story now
Login

Musings Stories

Our Musings category focuses on speculation, reflection and deep thought, covering everything from self-contemplation to humorous views on life in general.

This is the place to submit your thoughts on spiritual matters or philosophical subjects and to share your feelings on any topics you’ve ever pondered or wondered about.

Brainwashing Backfires

How a washed brain can become dirtier?

Many years ago, I was a woman teacher in Iran. The following story happened in the early 1990s. As any teacher or student has experienced, there is always some noise in the classroom. There is no way to achieve absolute silence, and I don't believe any at...

The Baby Races

Harm came to no babies in this story.

The actions of this story took place on Easter of 1988. I was attending The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. My oldest brother Tony, his wife and his one-year-old son, John, lived in Columbus and I had caught a ride with them to our parents’ home...

My monochrome life. Shrill beeps are always the first sounds my ears hear, followed by an illogical frenzy to get ready to meet another shades-of-grey day. Toes painfully cramped in their black shoe cages pound the cold, grey concrete. A darker grey build...

Anchor Your Life

Strong foundation’s are essential

Anchor your life?  We have all had difficult situations to deal with in our lives. Our family and home are supposed to be the place we feel safest. But what if that’s the place that makes us feel uneasy and questions who we are.  Where do we learn and fin...

Many changes take place  She smiles with the secret of yesterday and The promise of tomorrow Had a good life Many tears and smiles A simple life To sit on the porch  Early morning with first light  That touches the mountain top Listening to the rain and ...

Existence

I kinda like the flow of this. Maybe I'll do audio.

Hello? Hi? Ehhhugh, hum?Y'all? D'ye exist?I exist?Anyone? Anyone at all? But, no. Nobody did exist.But somebody must have.Existed, that is.Otherwise this wouldn't  exist. But what is existence without purpose? Is that just, sorta, being? Like a thing. Y'k...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

How Much Is The Doggie in the Window?

How much is the doggie in the window

There was a friendly dog. He had been looking for his forever home. An older gentleman who came in and inquired of the doggie.  The dog wagged his tail. He said, smiling, "Want to come home with me little guy?"        

Anonymous

It was her decision to take up the university place, her choice. She knew that Covid would likely cause a second lockdown: classes would be online, campus closed, precious few fresher’s events would run. She acknowledged that student life would be differe...

Dreams from the past How things were Of what could be What will be someday Promises to keep Always have and always will Nothing will change Dream and believe The magic Should and will be

My Truth is Lonely. I imagine yours is, too. Mine can’t be shared; I suspect the same for you. Truth weighs heavily upon its owner because Truth destroys. Only fools say “Just tell the Truth. It’s the best thing to do.” Revealing a Truth always harms some...