Find your next favourite story now
Login

Poetry

Mission Report From the Soul Sleuth

Slithering Heartbeats in the Sunrise Makes the soufflé of life begin to rise

Heaven repents from the cell I put you in My beautiful soul Does it hurt to trust me again? Is that why you keep me so afraid to begin…. …anything? Heaven Repents from the cell I put you in And Hell mourns the loss of your company The comforting swagger o...

The pain I have Please go away Let me rest Come again no more I wish to be clear Stop and let me be I am tired I need to sleep While I rest I will have peace When I awake will the pain be gone Then once again my life goes on Is the cancer taking over my b...

Tried to take away your dignity Tried to take away your pride Now you’re dancing with the spirits Beneath a watercolor sky How far Did you walk that day How many Did you lose along the way The sky’s gone grey With winter’s frost Break the chains At all co...

Score 9 9
5
165 Views 165
169 words 169 words

Neath winter's snow bones fasting silent moon and its coffin eyes with pennies in my cap weighing down the bogs of twilight's stares listening to the winds as they whittle from the wagging tongues of the willows a stone-cold breath of Mother Nature's gown...

Score 1 1
0
81 Views 81
60 words 60 words

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Beneath the coyote brown canopy of trees the hummingbird moth dance to the winds blushing in the moonlight a moment's will captivating the soul hidden in shadows a cousin from Heaven in summer's breeze of willow jumping jacks in my mind's quill a fragranc...

Score 2 2
1
91 Views 91
63 words 63 words

Hands Inside The Ride

Got to get what we think we should have

Sold my soul inside a handbasket Been misled had a question forgot to ask it Floating down this river of heartache and missed dreams They all see me struggling but seem to ignore my screams I want to become a billionaire and drive a rust bucket You may sa...

Score 2 2
1
128 Views 128
180 words 180 words

Today is the day I put off my future Into its hours my fear nurtured Pain and risk are too much to carry Hiding from this shame is all mine to bury The gray now so profound to my hair So many moments lost, now fully bared My youth is all gone I tried to h...

Score 1 1
1
91 Views 91
68 words 68 words

Drenched by a rainbow of watermelon stains in twilight's marmalade gazing toward night on nature's patio with whisking cloud songs of shower's musical rain for scrapbooks and parasols

Score 1 1
1
72 Views 72
28 words 28 words

I was akin to darkness Secluded from the norms Disconnected from conventions Until you lit a match It sparked up the world around me Casting shadowed figures That foretold of endless possibilities A chance for invigorating adventures However, I did not fo...

The stalk of your sensuous shadow, haunting, the carnal essence of my soul's absolution. Absolving my lusting eyes as I repent the sins of my poetic gangrene penned by the Tarot. In the dark shade of this Gothic cult the griffin whispers through loveless...

Score 0 0
0
69 Views 69
51 words 51 words

Tears From Heaven

Rain drops are Loving Thoughts

~ I opened my eyes ~ To find your tears Raining down from heaven. ~ You fought the good fight With all of your might Until heaven called you home. ~ Every day, Every night Your smile shone bright Now your loving Star Shines from heaven, bright. ~ With eve...