Find your next favourite story now
Login

Science Fiction Stories

Science fiction stories depict imaginative, futuristic worlds populated by humans and non-human characters such as robots, aliens and mutant creatures.

The sci-fi genre often involves space travel and distant planets, with the only limit being the author's imagination.

If you love the sci-fi genre, submit your stories here or click on one of the links below to immerse yourself in another world.

Cars

It’s good to have a dependable vehicle.

“She pretty much drives herself,” the sales associate had said. Erik had been impressed by how the car was able to steer around corners, slow down for traffic, pass other cars, and even parallel park by itself. The car had been a bit of an extravagance co...

Declined

It started with the banks.

“It’s declined.” “What?” Erik asked. He had been thinking about how he was going to fit all of the groceries into his car. “Your credit card is declined,” the young woman at the cash register said disdainfully. “Do you have anything else?” “That one shoul...

Deep Fake

Not everything is as it seems.

“There’s something off about her,” Daniel said. Daniel was sitting at the bar surrounded by a disarray of empty glasses and a half-eaten bowl of popcorn. The long narrow barroom was illuminated by the gray gloom of a rainy afternoon seeping past the neon...

Welshdreamer42

December 31, 2036 The hands of the giant holographic clock, projected above the crowded lobby, ticked off the seconds until midnight. With less than five minutes to go, upturned faces watched intently and excited chatter buzzed above the haphazard strains...

Quicksilver: The Alpha Awakening – Prologue

Every hero has a beginning, but for Jedidiah Bridger, his start was dark...

Jed had never seen so much chaos in his life. Then again, he was only fourteen and hadn’t experienced all that much life. But this was still something out there. All over the city, there was rioting. Police everywhere and more notably, people attacking th...

Ghosts of Cheyenne Mountain

They left the greatest military installation in the world unguarded?

“It’s all lies,” Seth told us, as he passed the joint to Cam. “The government will never tell you anything important.” Seth and Cam and Kyle huddled in the shadows of Cheyenne Mountain military base, partying, telling conspiracy theories as if they were g...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 11: Introducing the Lullaby

Following their break in into the armoury, Sam and Doug are introduced to the mystic Lullaby

Before Sam and Doug was a beautiful silver-gloss-painted car. It was slick, with smooth curves and tinted windows. It had side skirts and a hood with a vent on it. The tires were thin and the rims, shiny with a metallic blue glow coming from them. The car...

Cigarette smoke. No doubt about it. What idiot was smoking in the cinema? I take the steps two at a time determined to find the culprit before the smoke alarms go off. Bursting through the door, I intend to head for the toilets – the usual hiding place –...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 10: And Then Some

Doug finds himself in hot water after uncovering a secret of the Human Resistance

TWO HOURS LATER November 7th, 2040 - 12:18 Doug walked down the darkened corridor as stealthily as he could. He’d been exploring the compound all morning for all the secrets that they hadn’t told them.  If this was the future, then there had to be some co...

Pscybotics Volume One: Episode 9: Meant for a Purpose

After the events of the previous episode, Ripley now faces the justice system of the Resistance

FOUR WEEKS LATER November 7th, 2040 – 08:57 “Don’t worry,” said Sam.  “I’m sure they’ll rule in your favour. “How can you be so sure?” said Ripley. “Because Eduardo’s in one piece,” said Selena.  “And according to Sommer, she saved his life.  That means y...

Prototype

In trying to build a clone robot, what does Charlie have to do to get it to work?

Archie stared at the equipment and apparatus before him. Something simply wasn’t connecting, literally, as what lay on the table was his prototype, his robot. With synthetic skin peeled back around the humanoid form before him, he was attempting to create...