Find your next favourite story now
Login

Drama Stories

Our drama category is for fans of stories filled with feeling, focusing on strong dialogue and well-rounded character development.

Tragedy is a common theme, with gritty, realistic emotions driving the story.

Readers are given clear insight into characters' thoughts and taken on a deep and sometimes courageous journey.

The Bat

Could Will really fix his life-shattering mistake?

Will Mitchell leaned against the lockers and stared at Neil Parker. The older boy lay on the floor, his head surrounded by blood. Was Neil dead? Or just unconscious? Will dropped the baseball bat he had used to attack the bully. It hit the floor with a lo...

Consequences

Penny Lambert sat wallowing in misery after a serious road accident. If only it hadn't happened...

Penny Lambert sat in the darkest corner of the bar, nursing a glass of Orange juice. She checked her watch... again! Still only ten o'clock. She had never felt so lonely and miserable. In fact, the whole week had been miserable. Only one week before, she...

Score 12 12
15
2.7k Views 2.7k
3.0k words 3.0k words

Shot Through The Heart

Does the mysterious lady hold the key to cheating destiny?

At first I barely felt the bullet pierce the low-slung cocktail dress and enter my heart. It seemed impossible to consider death real, despite the warning minutes earlier from the mysterious lady with the black eye shadow alongside me. I always thought I'...

Fuel Season 3: Episode 16 – The Ambassador

When Mandla is given a secret mission by Moodswing, he recruits Devì to get the job done...

24th of January – Season 3 MONDAY MORNING Mandla Xulu felt strange sitting in the lobby outside Moodswing’s office. Even though the Club President was nothing like the Deputy Mayor, Mandla felt exactly how he usually felt sitting outside his father's offi...

Empty Shell

Can so much be accomplished in such a brief meeting?

I sat at the back of the hall, as far away from the blare and screech of the music as possible. Did they still call this tuneless, booming stuff music? Gone were the days when you could hear the words and whistle the tune. No way to shut out the laughter...

Score 18 18
17
453 Views 453
2.8k words 2.8k words

Fuel Season 3: Episode 15 – The Spell of Luck

With the Scramble Qualifiers taking place next week, Blackcat and Fiona play the odds.

17th of January –Season 3 EARLY MONDAY MORNING Blackcat Mathunzi had never been much of a teacher, but unfortunately for him, practicing this ancient form of African Occultism came with a price. It was a disclaimer of sorts: Everything you have learnt mus...

BillySoho

Home For Christmas

Some stream of consciousness with a yuletide flavour

So, you know what it's like. I’m the prodigal son, back for the first time since September, and I’m buzzing. It’s a strange sort of feeling. It's Christmas and the mood is in the air and it's crisp and alive and pulling you in. Streets that used to be dul...

Score 1 1
1
199 Views 199
2.9k words 2.9k words

Year End Bash [S3] – A Fuel Story

While Queen Stevie deals with her own personal 'Die Hard' situation, 6 racers vie for the F-X Cup.

12th of December – Season 3 Toney had never liked the rain so when she saw that it had seized up last night, she was very happy. She would have hated for the pay-per-view to be postponed. But alas, the show would go on. But if the show would go on, then i...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors
BillySoho

The whistle had just been blown and the students were trooping in. Ray Anderson, the Deputy Head, was standing at the doors as they filed past him, uniformly attired in their regulation blazer, matching trousers, sensible shoes and red tie. The tie and th...

Score 1 1
1
236 Views 236
2.3k words 2.3k words

Fuel Season 3: Episode 14 – Clash before the Bash

Jim Kieck reflects back as he tries to stop the momentum of Penny Potgieter and end the dynasty.

6th of December –Season 3 Jim looked at his watch nervously. It was nearing 8 o'clock and he still had one customer to take care of before he could leave for Fuel. While he knew it was common restaurant courtesy to serve any customers still in the buildin...

BillySoho

I’m leaning against the bar when she walks in. I’ve just got home for Christmas and am in the function room, upstairs at this pub in town, where there are supposed to be some bands on. She spots me, tosses her blonde hair back, and gives me a strange look...

Score 0 0
0
246 Views 246
2.0k words 2.0k words

Fuel Season 3: Episode 13 – Homecoming

Solo's magnificent return is interrupted by none other than the racer who beat him at the Grand Prix

29th of November – Season 3 Solo Magubane tried to relax as the plane made its final descent, making fists with his toes. Solo always flew with flip-flops on so that he could slip them off when he needed to and he needed to now, having never liked this pa...

BillySoho

I’m standing next to the sideboard, dusting the ornaments. The light’s coming through the large window. The room has an airy feel about it. I’m holding a big, blue piece of cut glass. It looks expensive. It could be a paperweight. I glance over at Richard...

Score 1 1
1
251 Views 251
1.6k words 1.6k words

Fuel Season 3: Episode 12 – The Ex-Feature-Racer

After falling off the line of succession, Kloof looks to prove that his days headlining are not over

22nd of November – Season 3 When John Kloof had read the post on the Formulary, his heart had skipped a beat. How could it not? The first ever Formula-X Queen had named him as the only former King she regretted never facing while she was reigning Queen. S...