Find your next favourite story now
Login

Romance Stories

Our romance section is for the true romantics among us who love stories and books where a heroic character conquers emotional hurdles and physical threats to be with the person they love.

Sub-genres in this category include regency, historical and contemporary romance, the primary focus always being the developing relationship between the hero and heroine.

In most cases stories culminate in a happily ever after ending.

Back Without Regret

Music takes him back over many years

That’s it. Breakfast dishes all cleared away. Cups neatly stacked, in the lower cupboard, Cereal bowls alongside with the plates. Now, why do I find something so menial satisfying? Oh, don’t I know the reason very well? It’s a form of security. Just like...

A Special Moment

Elderly man returns to the school he left seventy three years ago seeking a lost memory

Standing at the school gate, Harry Connor cursed softly. Memory, you damned trickster. A tantalising image had shaped in the furred conduits of his ageing mind. A gem of reminiscence teasingly snatched away, evading his grasp. He had made this journey see...

Springtime is for Lovers

A chance meeting on a Paris street in Spring leads to lifelong love and commitment

When we first met it was entirely by accident. Even now I remember it clearly, although almost four decades have passed by since then. It was one of those lovely bright sunny days that are so typical of Paris in the springtime. I was strolling along the B...

Once Upon A Time

How do you know if it is love ... a love story.

The world where I live in is my imagination. Ever since I was a teenager, I always liked being alone lying on our house's rooftop covered by the tree branches. The swaying leaves gave me shade from the harsh burning rays of the sun while talking to my fav...

Anonymous

Kissing the Girl

A hot summer's night, an office party, and too much tequila

  Kissing the girl   Errin slipped out through one of the side doors, the hot and sticky summer air enveloped her. The heatwave has rolled over the city the past few days relentless and scorching. She needed some cool air, for more than one reason. The re...

Anonymous

Heaven's in Reach on St. Pete Beach

Your best friend loved her and died for her and for you.

They lowered Bobby Bishop into St. Petersburg soil on a perfect December afternoon. For Jonathan Wilton, who'd flown from New York for the burial, this was Florida's old winter miracle. But no Florida sunshine cheered Bobby now: lost in Iraq (K.I.A.), age...

Anonymous

Manet and Monet: Mastery and Mystery

If your sweetheart robs you and leaves you, do you crack up or find someone finer?

In Tidewater Virginia in July, 2017, Max Stewart unloaded from his SUV a nine-foot inflatable dinghy, then pumped it up by foot. With him were his cousin Sally Angland and her university friend Simon Grant. “What's this crazy trip about?” Max asked.   “As...

Anonymous

Jeanie

It’s funny how mothers always warn us about boys, but never about girls

I was annoyed… At first… Then I was amused. - - - I have lived in Midtown Manhattan for most of my adult life and Eugenia’s Creations just off Herald Square is my favorite boutique. I am a curvy girl and Eugenia designs specifically for ladies with a figu...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Now and Forever

She no longer just needed her best friend—she wanted him, as a man, and wanted him now and forever

Now and Forever: a love story The dream was back--so were the eyes. They hovered in an angry sky just above the horizon, seeing everything but focusing on nothing. Amy knew those eyes—knew a time when they’d been filled with happiness and a love of life....

Anonymous

Midnight Moonlight Mystery

Intellectual guy and adventurous guy meet a girl trapped in an adventure.

At the Carolina Coast Hotel, some guests, bewitched by the full moon, still lounged on the lawns in the wee hours. That September weekend was ending. The sweet summer of 2017 was bidding goodbye. Meanwhile, Conn Franklin, a James Dean lookalike, was comin...

Anonymous

Girl Fears Ghost Girl

Once so wonderful. And so alive.

Night on the beach. Awakening suddenly, David felt Jamie’s dark hair tickling his cheek. He stirred on the towel. “How long was I asleep?” “Only for a few minutes,” Jamie said. “You must be beat.” Easy night, peace. The sky clear above a sea dark as itsel...

Sometimes in life, there are those moments in time that some things will eventually come true and when they do, you will jump at the chance of happiness. These are the times in life, that if something is going to happen it will happen. So if it does, it i...

Anonymous

The tales of a little boy and a little girl and the flowers

Love is shown in your deed, it is not just shown in your words. Love is something you do, .......

Tale 1 A little boy was fond of a little girl who was studying next class. They lived in a beautiful small town. Then, the little boy picked the wildflowers on the roadside for the little girl after school every day. The little girl was very glad to have...

Anonymous

Hamlet and James Dean Died Young

Young couple, once in love, now estranged: they discover that Shakespeare’s Hamlet was a reckless, d

about 2200 words Hamlet and James Dean Died Youngby James Foley In Virginia, an hour’s drive south of D.C., there’s a huge white house—built in the 1890s out on a point on the Chesapeake. And this summer when I drove there for a Wednesday-evening literary...