Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Two dogs. A rabbit. Four cats. Two parakeets. Nine cedar boxes filled with the life’s ashes of our fur and feathered family for over the last 40+ years. We are down to just one now. Gimley the cat came to us some seven years ago. He was a feral cat who wa...

The Spirit of the Bayonet Fighter

“What is the spirit of the bayonet fighter? To kill, to kill, with cold, cold steel”

  Back in 1961, I heard on the radio that Kennedy had sent 500 US Special Forces and military advisors to a place called Vietnam. I was just starting high school at the time. It was the first time I remember hearing about that country. We also had a war g...

Anonymous

Early respect

A parade of olive green made an impression

I was maybe four? Fifty-plus years later, the images remain distinct. Between my parents on the front seat of their Oldsmobile, I stood mesmerized by the convoy of passing U.S. Army vehicles. There must have been at least 100 of the olive green Jeeps, tan...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors
Anonymous

I was a girl in the first grade.  My teacher had me stand before an easel with a blank paper.  I told her I did not know what to draw and she said draw anything I had seen recently.  So I drew a "Picasso" style picture of a naked lady.  Recently my family...

Power I give Measures not to what is given Each moment we share Gives more insight  I bow With humbleness  The lasting bond To give true trust That is given and taken

This is a story about my mom’s romp through the woods in Jasper. I am grateful that she is mobile and active, even though she has survived breast cancer thirty years ago. My mom and her partner Tim were hiking in the mountains when the path they were on b...

The Problem with Anger

Depression and how I deal with it.

All of my life I have had to deal with a mind crippling depression. The origional time this depression hit me was when I was 11 years old and had started 7th grade. I had just moved from my grade school to a junior high. For the intial first half grading...

At first light I can finally see around me No furniture No walls Nothing as it was only hours ago Now is only silent  Feeling numb In the rumble, I see a photo with smiling faces  I see the damage  The pieces of my life I want to scream Should I rebuild ...

Dear Diary,  You know how when you put your whole self into something or you give all you can that day, even if it’s not much, it still feels like a whole lot to you? And you know, how you feel so good about yourself for a minute because you think you did...