Find your next favourite story now
Login

Micro Fiction Stories

As with our Flash Fiction category, the aim of micro fiction is to tell a complete story within a limited number of words.

Where Flash Fiction generally ranges from 100 to 1000 words, Micro Fiction submissions should be under 100 words and can cover any of the fiction genres.

Anonymous

To everyone in the room, she seemed like a normal girl, wearing Vans, blue jeans and a red hoodie. Her hands were both raised high above her head, swaying to music from her iPod. Sierra's body molded the jeans nicely. No one knew what was on her iPod, but...

The Ordinary Girl

Who knows what gifts are hidden beneath an ordinary appearance?

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, blue jeans, and a red hoodie because that’s how she was defined; from home, through school to college. Yet deep within prowled a raging poet, a strutting rock star, a blazing meteor...

Dinner for One

Sometimes it pays to look a little deeper...

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, bluejeans, and a red hoodie. But looks can be deceptive; the clothes chosen deliberately to conjure up that very word—normal. The volunteers saw only what they expected to see; what...

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, blue jeans, and a red hoodie. No one knew how her fingers still fumbled when applying eyeliner and lipstick. Or the struggles she had endured to finally match her body to her soul. ...

Checkerboard Pattern

Shall we dance, Princess

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, blue jeans, and a red hoodie. The Vans were a checkerboard pattern and Jeff Spicoli would have approved.  I grinned because I loved that movie. That was the year I came of age. Life...

Robotic

This wasn't her.

To everyone in the room, she seemed like just a normal girl wearing Vans, bluejeans, and a red hoodie. Only she heard the whirring servos, the soft click of gears, the hum of electronics. Only she knew who she really was. “Come on,” said the boy with the...

No One Needs To Know

My attempt at a first line story prompt for Tams

To everyone in the room, she seemed just like a normal girl wearing Vans, blue jeans, and a red hoodie. She stood alongside her husband and the other helpers, preparing food parcels for the homeless and needy. "Is that who I think it is?" asked one volunt...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Verdict

"It is up to you what does or does not happen."

As I walked into the room it felt as if everyone there turned to watch me. My wife walked alongside me for support, but in her heart, she knew she could not help me. I alone was responsible for the path I had chosen last week, and now it was time to hear...

The Monster In Her Life

In a cabin by the woods...

She flees his clutches, running for the trees as he spews threatening words through rancid, liquored breath. He doesn't follow her, fearing the rumored monster living within the forest. He appears - the golden-eyed wolfman. As he licks her wounds, she nuz...

The Far Away Man

Reflections, the lost ones, the wounded trying to find their path.

You were always there, around a distant corner, the far-away man, in the back of my mind. As my sister lay withering away in a hospital bed, it was you, with those ice-blue eyes, always smiling, that wit, your spark. I could see all of you, still. You wer...

John Is That You?

I heard something ... new ... today!

The bathroom at my office is this narrow affair.  Along one wall are sinks, then four urinals, and then six toilet stalls.  The other wall was paper towels, trash containers, and dryers.  The arrangement matters for this story. One day I was in the second...

Voldar

Before the statue of the warrior, she weeps

Voldar knelt before the statue of the great warrior and wept. Around her were the ruins of the city she had once called home. Foes had swept over it weeks before. “How could you let this happen?” Voldar cried, “You swore to protect them.” But the statue r...