Find your next favourite story now
Login

Young Adult Stories

The focus of young adult fiction is primarily on a protagonist aged between twelve and sixteen rather than an adult.

The main character faces the usual challenges consistent with their age group; emotions, first love, peer pressure, divorce and family relationships. Stories can cover the entire range of fiction genres.

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 16

Daria's wraith tortures Stefan. Marcia asks the headmaster about Chantel's death.

It was near the end of February and Marcia looked forward to the start of spring. She loved to watch the re-awakening of the flowers and trees long dormant over the fall and winter. Naomi and she renewed their friendship, but an uneasy wariness persisted...

As soon as Bruce pulled out of the driveway Amber bounded into the living room to tell her folks that she had been asked to be his prom date.  "Yes, we know," Mom replied. "How do you know?" "He asked us if he could invite you because he knew we would be...

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 15

Daria comes back to hound and haunt Stefan. He and Polina save Marcia and Naomi.

Daria followed Stefan stealthily to his room and floated into the corner near the ceiling. She stayed in her shimmering state watching him study and talk to his roommate. One of his roommate's friends came by and took his roommate to play cards. Daria smi...

The seconds seem to drag on as Bruce sat there with his mind struggling to understand what he had just been told. The stunning blond sitting next to him had just admitted to forging his signature on Lea's birth certificate and he was at a loss for words....

On Saturdays it was the habit of the restaurant employees to go to breakfast at a local diner. Since Bruce became involved with Amber, he had been absent from these gatherings, they were all happy when he announced he would meet them there. They took one...

Cricket Lone Wolf Part 14

Marcia and Stefan explore the chapel and make a startling discovery as Daria watches.

Daria's wraith followed Stefan everywhere, from when he woke until bedtime. She floated nearby and occasionally played pranks on him. She enjoyed embarrassing him around his friends. She hated when Marcia and Naomi met with him. When Polina volunteered to...

Frank And The Monster: Victor's Past

A retelling of an old Classic.

Chapter 4 Victor's Past “What! Me?” Victor was actually stunned that someone, anyone, would want to hear anything he had to say. Even someone who used to be dead. “Um. Well my story isn't all that interesting, but I guess if you don't mind being bored to...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

As soon as Amber's parents got home, they began to notify all of their relatives, but not before they called Allison at college. In the old fashioned gym where she trained, Allison broke down in tears after she closed her phone. Her baby sister had just g...

Amber pulled out her cellphone and tapped the number one key. The silence in World History class was broken by the wail of a police siren, while his cellphone vibrated. Bruce didn't need to look at the screen, he just stood up and announced to the teacher...

All too soon the holiday vacations ended and school resumed. Bruce continued to pick Amber up every morning and drive her to school where they parted company until lunch. They still looked forward to having lunch with each other and spending the afternoon...

Christmas had come and gone and soon it was New Year's Eve. As Bruce and Amber had surmised, both their parents had parties that they were going to attend, so now all they had to do is figure out where they would spend the evening together. Now he had to...