Find your next favourite story now
Login

General Stories

Our General Fiction category is for stories of 1,000 to 10,000 words that do not fit into any other category, or that would work equally well in multiple categories.

If your story is primarily in a specific genre, please submit it in that category rather than in General Fiction.

As I sit and watch the day begin I realize I have been here for some time A peace connects with my soul Time is standing still I don't think of the cancer growing in my body I don't think of being alone I remember all the good I have seen All the smiles a...

Score 6 6
5
172 Views 172
96 words 96 words

I had a bit of a debate on Reddit a few weeks ago with a high school physics teacher that stated his students have to solve the problem the way he showed them how to solve the problem. I stated I liked showing students that there may be easier methods to...

Score 0 0
3
285 Views 285
586 words 586 words

Laura

Young man has first lesson in infatuation

Strange, isn’t it? Those small things that get listed in the memo pad of the mind. Brief, inconsequential in their setting, and outcome, yet noted, sharp and clear as any major incidents that give our lives direction. A lifetime ago, drawn by the music, I...

Score 7 7
7
216 Views 216
1.4k words 1.4k words

It takes time and patience, To cure my toxic ways, My awareness and presence, Needed now almost always, Live to die a little, I die every day Ask me how I am doing, I would lie in every way Hero of my own story? But who are the villains? Wear a cap every...

Score 2 2
1
251 Views 251
418 words 418 words

A dream come true in real life is like last year’s dandelions blooming into roses. This is when the virus that causes MS is discovered. Then a vaccine and new treatments are developed, and MS is no longer a menace. MS is the Crispr of life. It is a harsh...

Score 3 3
3
261 Views 261
79 words 79 words

My heart has been ripped straight up through my throat and right out of my head to the stars. You might feel loss like this too, but did you also know that a new spark can start a new fire that even warms my heart with forgiveness so that I can throw off...

Score 2 2
1
238 Views 238
84 words 84 words

The Island Of Death

Are we friends now?

When I was younger, my father called me his little nest—his little heir. My earliest memories were of him holding me close, like he couldn't bear me being too far away, like I was the lightning rod that kept him grounded in the middle of a thunderstorm. H...

It was between him and her, and her and her, and like always I was caught in between, a bottle of bourbon trapped between my thighs while I nursed the glass—the alcohol burned fresh paths down my throat, drawing parallels with the scars that ran down my a...

Score 10 10
10
447 Views 447
4.5k words 4.5k words

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Blue Danube Waltz

Would you go back and try to change history if you had the chance?

The old man sat at the table, watching the couples dance. He stared into his glass of Schnapps. The taste did nothing for him. Nothing did anything for him anymore. He wasn’t sure why he’d come. The lecturers and professors got younger every year. He felt...

A World To Save

A day in the life of a struggling hero.

The air tasted like lavender body wash and gunpowder. Fireworks dotted the night sky as the bang-bang-bang of New Year explosives ricocheted off the buildings in New Glory. Avery sucked in a deep breath and her hands to the moon, meaty palms up. It was gl...

Prayer Denied

Shattered faith.

Prayer Denied Kneeling at a marker was a soldier’s widowed wife crying condemnation to the God that took his life. Gently running fingers over letters etched in stone, she wept and whispered softly that she felt so all alone. Trapped inside the moment whe...

Score 5 5
4
285 Views 285
364 words 364 words

Broken hearts, it's something that many young men and ladies experience. You will recover from your first heartbreak but you will never forget them. Here is the story of my first experience. Now I had quit school at sixteen and went to work despite all th...

Score 1 1
1
277 Views 277
1.9k words 1.9k words

Betrayal

Workplace drama

Betrayal More than a colleague, I called you my friend, was a miscalculation – I found in the end. The sordid agenda you’ve had all along, is banefully evil and morally wrong. You’re a smooth operator who’s casting out bait, while leaking exchanges to mak...

Score 6 6
4
276 Views 276
304 words 304 words