Find your next favourite story now
Login

Musings Stories

Our Musings category focuses on speculation, reflection and deep thought, covering everything from self-contemplation to humorous views on life in general.

This is the place to submit your thoughts on spiritual matters or philosophical subjects and to share your feelings on any topics you’ve ever pondered or wondered about.

Getting my nude on beneath the Hippocratic eyes of dubious doubters who have lost bouquets being the squatters to observe the nakedness of you and I focusing on the shadow of my being into the midst of recurring dreams my own Michelangelo and not someone'...

Score 1 1
1
116 Views 116
89 words 89 words

Just me and my muse, at play in a field of wishful thinking, so I sow my own seeds and reap the sweetness of my family. You don't know me, a well-worn pen, assuming me wrong, in blind eyesight. But that's the way I am wary, not a fool. Sarcastically, my f...

Score 2 2
1
118 Views 118
105 words 105 words

An invisible thief stole from Mom. At first, we didn't notice. A small piece of her life here. Another there. So random were the thefts. Soon, bigger things disappeared. Memories of our friends. My son. Then at last… me. So I reintroduced myself. "I'm Kim...

Let's not pillow talk with the silence of my pen and thorn-threaded leaf, only the deaf can scream of the darkness ambition drowned in Eden unveiled by Adam now in my mausoleum oblivious to the masonry impending my doom in this seedbed of weevils and grub...

Score 2 2
2
101 Views 101
46 words 46 words

It had been another brutal self-imposed workout at the Chrome Anvil gym. As I head to the juice bar I nod to some of the other members that I recognize. "This shit was a lot easier thirty years ago," I tell them and they all agree. Most men of my age are...

My ma has always pounded in my head, how important an education is. I counted up to ten but ran out of fingers. There will always be a job for me long as the Waffle House and Walmart are in business. In school, I majored in WrestleMania and NASCAR. Presen...

Score 1 1
2
103 Views 103
309 words 309 words

The naked truth about Cheetos, leaving me sweating in my birthday suit. Playing, "Olly olly gluten-free," with a bag of Cheetos. Waiting for my dip to come in with the evening's fries. With catsup on the side, dripping into my beenie weenies without an in...

Score 0 0
0
89 Views 89
98 words 98 words

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Jerry Lee Lewis has the juice but where has Tabasco gone for my redeye gravy and memories turned to shade on a stone beneath bones of the Magnolia Pluckin' the ol' gitfiddle of one's life with death's obituary and a Dr. Pepper and leftover dreams of sad s...

Score 0 0
0
89 Views 89
72 words 72 words

A bushel full of my eye. In fields of autumn and the cornstalks. With the shadow of the cider mill and the glowing meadows among the pumpkins. Giving inspiration as the wind's calliope dances. Seeking antiquity's faith and salivation. Based on Philosophy...

Score 0 0
0
85 Views 85
70 words 70 words

In my hand, the sand shaker and the utensil which I scribble. In the throat of the dark, I sleep in the inkwell. Hearing the footfalls of voices. "This little piggy, he brings a fork..." From the shadow space of bedlam's widow. Now a hollow shell on the p...

Score 0 0
1
89 Views 89
122 words 122 words

Listening to Chuck-will's-widow singing the same song of loneliness as nightjars pulling at my heart when I should be sleeping with the cruise of the night and dreaming of my rocking horse with a wink from mom's eye sailing off in a wooden shoe listening...

Score 2 2
1
89 Views 89
67 words 67 words

Away from the carbon dioxide and the clatter of the city and the citizenry sleepwalking. Away from the mainstream and their need to know. Now breathing fresh air from the manifolds in the trees. No rabbit hole to hide in or Johnny B. Goode in Police unifo...

Score 2 2
2
86 Views 86
144 words 144 words

Ashes Away

An ode to special friend

Hair of coal Eyes made from chocolate Lips soft as feathers Body adorned in tats of many colors Everything capped off with occasional piercings This is how I see you in my dreams Through eyes blinded by your beauty I see the light of your inner self shini...

Score 3 3
3
124 Views 124
154 words 154 words