Find your next favourite story now
Login

Humor Stories

Stories in this genre involve humorous observations on life, slapstick comedy, satire and funny people thrown into everyday situations.

Plots either focus on the ridiculous or include comedic injections throughout the story.

If you think laughter is the best medicine, submit your funny stories here or take a look at one of the submissions below for a good dose of humor.

To Kill a Fruit Fly

An assassin bug gives a fruit fly the day of his life.

Just that morning, the assassin bug had thoughts about retiring. Not that he wasn’t doing great; he was at the top of his game. But he had this nagging feeling that he was beginning, just beginning, to lose his edge. And an assassin bug with no edge is in...

The Last Words of Bruno

Who knew Bruno had so much to say?

Bruno was on his deathbed. He’d lived a good long life, closing in on eighty-four years old. The Salerno family, from south Philly, gathered around: Mom, dad, son, and daughter. Mom could barely contain herself. She placed her hand on her loved ones’ brow...

Random acts of dialogue.Dialogue in any book is great storytelling. Right after the hook to reel the reader in, dialogue is the mover and shaker of any novel.Dickens might have argued that narration and flowery descriptions were the backbone. However, I b...

Painting the Living Room

Why I can't paint the living room because I'm out of two-stroke oil.

Lists. We all make them. Line items of things that need done, have to do's, want lists, tasks, chores, things to buy.Some people make lists on a scrap paper. I make mental lists. Contained within those lists are sub-lists and sub-sequential lists and line...

Gus’s Life ---A dog's eye view of his world. Intro Okay here are the bare facts. The ugly truth; I am a dog! I guess it could have been worse; I could have been born a cat. Now there’s a bad attitude and a waste of fur if ever I saw one. With dogs, you al...

Shooting Blanks

The worst day of any man's life: the day of his vasectomy.

Shooting Blanks By Ray Bentley I started to really doubt myself that morning when I went about the task of shaving. No, I’m not talking about your normal morning shave. The pre-surgery instruction specifically stated the patient was required to shave the...

MEN!

What goes on outside your patio windows for all the nieghbors to see.....

Ah, Sunday morning. I had already started my weekend ritual by retrieving the Sunday paper from the front porch and retiring to the screened in patio with a cup of coffee. Sitting down, I flipped through the bundle of papers to find the Sunday morning com...

The Ghost of Christmas Sideways

Can one find self-awareness in a dirty bathroom? (Some adult themes and language.)

The apparition was angry.“Stop saying that! I am not the Ghost of Christmases Past! I am the Ghost of Christmas Sideways! I show you how past Christmases and the rest of your life might have been different…if only you had been standing ten feet to the lef...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

She Who is About to...

Two high school girls feuding over a boyfriend, receive help from a vengeance demon.

Early on Saturday Afternoon, 16 year old Laura Morton sat in a booth inside the Zabelton Diner. She sat across the table from Karolina, who had light brown hair and looked like she was Laura's age.The black haired Laura was fuming."Best friend?" She said,...

Willie and the Brain

Etta was poor, cute, and a 'brain'. Willie was rich, dumb and didn’t have a chance.

"If only the good die young, that crew will live to a hundred.” This unflattering rumination came from one, William Jackson “Willie” Sinclair IV. The target of his jaundiced assessment was the Iota Fraternity test procurement committee. Its entire members...

Some twenty plus years ago, I was standing on the tee ready to hit at a charity golf tournament when a commotion behind me caught my attention. A small feral kitten, probably less than a couple of weeks old had run out of the bushes and been run over by a...

The Humble Cucumber

What is so special about cucumbers?

Can anybody tell me just what is so special about cucumber sandwiches? You know those dainty, crustless smelly little things you sometimes get at parties? I loathe cucumbers. I loathe brussel sprouts more though but that's another story I will write somet...

“Nicole, is this yours?” Tara asked the next morning when she walked in holding a letter. “It has your name on it. Who is it from?” she asked as I took it. Dear Nicole, It’s hard to explain how you got these letters since I don’t have your address but the...

Agent 727 where are you?

A 007/Get Smart spoof with a side order of hamburger.

WC: 2812 This is a spoof on every type of nutty 'agent' show you can think of. If you are offended by 'fat' jokes you will be offended by this story as well. Agent 727 Where are you? By MF Burbaugh “Agent 727, come in please. I know you can hear me damn i...