Find your next favourite story now
Login

Memoirs Stories

Submissions to this category are generally told in the first person and cover personal reflection, autobiographies and memories of the past.

Rather than focusing on factual accounts, memoirs are more a recollection of moments in time that were either vivid or unique to the author.

Before The Tragically Hip made it big

Before The Tragically Hip made it big

This is a true story about teenagers helping other teenagers during a band project. This story connects Edmonton with what is now described as an Iconic Canadian Band... THE TRAGICALLY HIP.  On March 23, 1988, some friends and I were looking for whatever...

Donna would tell she was in her late eighties, just not how late. She always had a smile and if she could get her hands on you, even a bigger hug. She had fallen and I went to the hospital to check on her  As I got to the door. I heard voices. Thinking th...

Theo's Happy Memory # 1

Theo Loves His Family

0430 Military time, 8 year old Theo would wake up, clean up, put on his dungarees, and fill up with whatever Mama bought that week.  By 0515 get to the corner for the farm truck to come by. Everyone there was speaking another language, yet they came to kn...

The tears I not let fall As I look at your pictures The smiles Our laughter Your song of love Never leaving my mind Touching tenderly My heart cries for you Souls forever one No The tears I not let fall

Tales From the Tabletop III

"Work!" The word that nearly brought the world to ruin.

Wherever they are found, and wherever they have traveled, Kender evoke a common adage amongst those who have encountered them. The most dangerous thing in the world is a bored Kender. I must beg to differ in this tale. For those who don’t know Kender, the...

The day at the airport Many were waiting for loved ones A look at the clock told the time was near Sounds of the plane had finally come  People moving  Cries and laughter were everywhere A man moved into view My heart told me It was him We stopped  As cus...

Tales From the Tabletop II

Name? Choose wisely...

Here’s yet another fond memory from the bygone days of PnP role-playing. This tale centers around one of my players creating a new character. Everyone playing the game had many characters. We just picked out characters from our portfolio according to whim...

Anonymous

My Y2K Experience

Memories are best told after the pain of making them is past...

Twenty years ago last night, I spent New Year’s Eve waiting for someone in the world to call and tell me something in our product line didn’t work. Or that it worked incorrectly. It was December 31st, 1999 and Y2K misbehavior was clearly at the forefront...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Tales From the Tabletop

Never get on the Dungeon Master's nerves...

There were some grand moments in my old PnP role-playing days that I will think fondly of until my dying day. This is one of them. My gaming world was one of my own creation, put together in the fashion of Frankenstein’s monster from numerous sources. It...

Waltzing Matilda

A drunk mystery woman appears at the care home social.

I had been living at the care home for a few months when the recreation committee decided to have an end of summer indoor street dance. It’s not that we didn’t have regular recreational events, we regularly had a pub night. Local musicians e.g. vocalists,...

To fill the hours in the day I do as expected Alone in a crowd I prefer it that way Not really alone As some think I see you in my mind Feel you in my soul Your whisper at times I hear Whenever I miss you the most Every beat of my heart Every breath I tak...

Early in the morning  I wake Something seems wrong I have no idea why Very slowly I get up Not making a sound Checking and listening  I find nothing has changed I try to shake it off As I snuggle under the covers Memories come of you Knowing they will tak...

First Date Set-Up

Teenage girl questions her father about the early onset of romance

"Dad. how did you ask my mother for a first date?” I looked across the small self-laid patio at my daughter, Linda, sitting on the camping chair, regarding me with her mother’s deep brown eyes. At fourteen-years-old pushing fifteen, she was budding to emu...

Early warning

A new experience of fear

Early 1940. Siren’s mournful wailing, signalling, Our first air raid. Fearfully looking at me, she switched off all the lights Then she came to hug me close, her body trembling. I’d never seen her like this, so full of fear and worry. “It’s all right,” I...

Something of Value

Young man has first encounter with human loss

It was a slow melancholy song in Harry Turner’s head. Uncle Joe was dying. A sad refrain that reminded Harry of the man he knew. He was a man full of good humour, activity, kindness and love for his family. Now he was dying. The dirge plagued Harry’s mind...