Find your next favourite story now
Login

Micro Fiction Stories

As with our Flash Fiction category, the aim of micro fiction is to tell a complete story within a limited number of words.

Where Flash Fiction generally ranges from 100 to 1000 words, Micro Fiction submissions should be under 100 words and can cover any of the fiction genres.

Like most three-year old’s, my daughter accidentally drops food onto the floor. A friend suggested I introduce the three-second rule. Providing I pick the food up within three seconds, and give it a quick blow, I could safely assume it’s not contaminated...

Under Warranty

Letter to customer services

Sir, Madam. German craftsmanship, combined with precision engineering is the reason I chose your eight-speed auto three-door coupe. I’m writing to complain about faults with the automatic transmission which I found disappointing! When I select ‘D’ for day...

The Kiss

If you're drinking shots, take a taxi home!

Stepping into the chilly night air, the tequila shots went straight to my head! Last thing I remember was stroking your hair, pulling you in for a long goodnight kiss, before making my way home. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I slipped off my shoes, p...

Tales From The Campfire (01)

The Girl Who Never Was

1940: The bombing of London, (The Blitz) started in September. By December 1940, many thousands of bombs had dropped on London. Countless homes and businesses were destroyed. London had become a very dangerous place to live, especially for the children. A...

Seecret

A boy's secret

Edward sat at the head of the table gazing at the Christmas feast before him. A succulent roast turkey with cornbread stuffing. A basin of mashed potatoes just to the left of his grandmother’s antique tureen of gravy. Fruits and vegetables spread glorious...

The Christmas Wish

I beg the Christmas Angel to grant me one wish...

Tears cloud my vision as I finger ornaments from years past. This year's glaringly missing. Underneath twinkling lights, I reminisce, my fingers dancing along my aching flesh. I cannot duplicate your touches. Then, a hand covers mine. I gasp. "Is it reall...

Mr. King's Pen

A romantic writer is led astray... and she likes it

Seeing me struggle to write, he gave me this pen. "It's Mr. King's," he said, "my talented kin." It fit my hand well, but I noticed something strange. Yes, my words flowed smoothly, but became creepy, quite deranged. My mind twisted and turned, into darkn...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

You Need To Get A Grip On Things

Not even your neighbours can help you!

A pensioner went to the surgery for a sperm count test. The doctor gave him a jar to provide a sample. Next day, the man returned with the empty jar. Curious, the doctor asked why. "Well, first I tried with my right hand, then with my left, nothing. Then,...

I had a new hope, my dark fate was to be terminated. The rise of the machines was to lead to a new dawn. I had suffered in the jaws of a phantom menace, it wasn’t that I was psycho, more I was a victim of an attack of the clones . Judgement day was coming...

It was a warm Greek evening, he found his love in the cypress labyrinth. There she was, as still as the statue of Aphrodite just a little way off. Her alabaster skin, soft and creamy in the moon's beams. He was strolling in the labyrinth, before his night...

Finding The Lady

Young man is enchanted when he meets an attractive young lady.

When Harry met Sally, he thought, ‘Somebody up there likes me.’ Totally bewitched at finding her among the bridesmaids at her best friend’s wedding, while he was best man. Laura, his favoured pretty woman, went, but he managed only a brief encounter with...

Duplicity At The Annual Church Fete

The innocence of a child let the cat out of the bag !

Wandering around at the annual church fete, I spotted a bubbly Girl Scout standing beside a table covered in plates of delicious looking cookies. “Please buy some cookies from me!” she begged. “It’s for the charity appeal.” “How much are they?” I asked. “...

fantasylady69

The Encyclopaedia Salesman

What I got up to one summer.

Years ago, I worked the summer exhibitions around the country. In Liverpool, I met an encyclopaedia salesman. He was in his forties, and I was eighteen, but we hit it off immediately. He made it obvious what he wanted. On the last night after dining out w...

The Gift

A beautiful lady deserves the very best!

Entering the jewellers he pointed at a bracelet. "I'll take that one please." The assistant boxed the bracelet and gift wrapped it. "That's an expensive gift, special occasion?" "It's a birthday gift. Only the best for my special lady." The assistant smil...