Find your next favourite story now
Login

Mystery Stories

Mysteries focus on puzzles, unexplained phenomena, crime (including murder), where clues are cleverly disguised throughout the story.

Both the reader and the mystery-solver will be led toward a suspense-filled ending that culminates in the solving of the mystery, often with surprising results.

Anonymous

 A Strange Alliance  It was such a thing as never happened to me; I am glad as well as depressed. Everything seemed ambiguous to me except for some traces, but I want to strive for it. The next day, I wake up with a strong intention that “Yes! I have to d...

Game over

Why does a train have to be walled up? and does it relate to an unfinished game of hide and seek?

The word 'divorce' was becoming more and more frequent in his mind, as though pervading his consciousness like an unwelcome image, which to Neil Parker, it was. He had just ended a phone conversation with his wife. It was an argument over how much she was...

The Beautiful And The Dangerous - Chapter Two

Chapter Two: The murdered house-keeper and the missing wife

The murdered housekeeper and the missing wife“So I ran your victim’s identification and cards through the system, and I found some interesting things,” said Alec, who was the resident tech genius of the Spring View Police Force. He had seen  some  action...

The poisoned cradle

Is this seemingly abandoned village really unoccupied? Perhaps it is best to turn back.

A weekend in the Lake District sounded like a reasonable suggestion, but James Morton and his wife, along with their two daughters found it to be quite an ordeal, as their simmering, disordered marriage had only lasted for four months, and already the cra...

Just Five Pounds

A reporter needs a pen, but woo's pen is it.

Do you know that Elvis song “Do you ever get one of those days when nothing goes right from morning to night.” I won’t bore you with the details, but they include a broken iPad screen, a dead phone battery and wearing the wrong jacket among other things....

The Umazi Men's Only Resort

A place where men can reminisce a man's world.

“Do you know what this is my boy?” “No, I don’t,” I said. “That’s proof that you are a simpleton.” My boss Mr. Muwi meant no harm by the statement. Despite the meanness, I smiled as I looked at his newest piece of jewelry. It was a beautiful copper bracel...

Dead on arrival part 5

Back on the job.

Chapter 9 As it turned out Mom and my sisters left me alone, and didn’t rake me over the coals regarding Gerry. They were more interested in the current events in my life. They had given up on me having a man in my apartment –let alone a dead one! I told...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Chapter 2 I got in my car, and stopped at Timmy’s. When in shock there’s nothing better than an extra large double-double and a sour cream glazed to put things right. Okay, so in this case, there were a lot of ways things could be improved, but coffee and...

Chapter 5 Gerry had agreed to keep his eye on the comings and goings to the building and help keep the police abreast of any strange faces around the neighborhood. Later that same evening, Inspector Gibbons called to check up on me and to see if I recalle...

Dead on Arrival Part Four

Let's get serious

Chapter 7 Sunday morning came along, and I found myself cocooned in Gerry’s blankets with chipmunks buzzing around in my head. I swore to myself that there would be no more beer—until of course the next time. Somewhere in the apartment the phone was ringi...

Dead on Arrival Part One

It all started with a body in her living room

Prologue May 15, 2005 / Delivering the Goods “C’mon man, can’t we just leave the package on the balcony?” The short stocky youth was trying to drag an item off the rental truck. “Nope, we have specific orders to deliver the ‘goods’ right to the apartment...