Find your next favourite story now
Login

Action Stories

Our action category is for those who enjoy stories filled with adventure and excitement.

This genre revolves around explosive scenes and fast-paced plots.

Common themes include martial arts, car chases, extreme sports and combat.

Ni Shagu Nazad! Not One Step Back! Chapter Three

Sasha and Viktor survived the harrowing beginnings of the push for Red Square. Though unarmed.

I shut my eyes as I swiped a blob of blood off of my forehead. The maddening roar of the German machine-guns was robbing me of my sanity as I sat there in the blood-soaked mud behind the truck, watching Viktor as he glanced about the battlefield. I could...

Ni Shagu Nazad! Not One Step Back! Chapter Two

Unarmed and terrified, what will the unsung heroes do?

I ducked my head to my knees as four bullets pinged on the truck. More men screamed and wept as the machine-guns ruthlessly tore into their bodies. "God dammit!" Viktor shouted. "We need weapons!" "We can't get any weapons without getting shot!" I shouted...

Ni Shagu Nazad! Not One Step Back! Chapter One

Sorry for the delay, guys! There was a bit of error in the original posting, enjoy!

I trembled as the barge set off, all of us soldiers were packed onto it, but not one of us had a rifle. Over on the other side of the Volga River - which we were coming so perilously close to - the Germans were pushing hard to reach the riverbank, and ove...

Gold Rush Fever Conclusion

Glimpse of the Old West

They sat around the table pondering the the future. Marshal Hagen finished his food, quickly drained his glass and stood. “I'd like to say that this was great meeting you all, but under the circumstances I think I'll postpone that. I better get back to my...

Gold Rush Fever Chapter one

Glimpse of the Old West

Just after dawn the stranger trudged into Harper's Gully leading his horse. They stopped at the watering trough where the horse plunged his muzzle and the man filled his hat which he poured over his head. The water only removed some of the dust from him....

The Silent Guns

The setting sun created an eerie twilight in the woods where only moments before sounds of war raged

The setting sun created an eerie twilight in the woods, where only moments before, sounds of war raged. As the golden orange and red clouds stimulated Privet Barney Jackson’s soul, he thought it was strange that even on the battle field, the sunset was so...

The Belle of Catawba Street

Mel Brooks spoofs Nazis -- Jimmy Breslin, the Mafia -- I pick on the Klan

Warning: While supposedly humorous, this is a story about racists and includes two racial slurs. However, the “N” word does not appear in print, but it is unavoidably, in my opinion, there in spirit. -RdW- To Lamar Hardaway’s way of thinking, the three yo...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

How I Lost My Way -Part 2

My story of losing my way and returning

How I Lost My Way - Part 2Fall of 1971At the time not knowing I was starting 11 months of hell on earth.At first you are looked on as the reason for the next trooper death. This was where I was to meet both my Dark Angel and mentor SSGT Wilson from Chicag...

Seamus

How I gave a home to someone that was lost

I woke up, yawned, blinked and stretched out my arms. I was pleasantly surprised to feel the warmth of the sun streaming in through the window onto my face and body."Well, this is a good start," I smiled to myself. "The weather's been so grey around these...

The Devil's Nest

Frank Baxter was a prisoner in hell on earth, The Devil's Nest, then fate paid a visit.

It was an anomaly of nature that housed nature’s anomalies. Jutting hundreds of feet out of the cold North Atlantic was an island pillar of jagged rock forming a platform above the frigid waves. Sitting on top was a true hell on Earth. A relic of the Cold...

A summer romance

Unexpected love from a friend

Brian and I were due for a vacation. After the embarassment of Endor, our team leader suggested we take some time off. We booked a two week holiday to the land of the giant grass. Brian and I were due for a vacation. After the embarassment of Endor, our t...

The Cat's Tale

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

It all began with my person reading an article about cats being only semi-domestic, most would readily become feral if the occasion arose. “Ha, a lot they know about cats!” Thus was interrupted my peaceful after-breakfast sunbathing on the window seat in...