Find your next favourite story now
Login

Children's Stories

Our children’s category focuses on stories suitable for readers up to the age of twelve and includes picture books, fantasy themes, fairy tales and historical fiction.

The target audience may be early readers (ages 5-7) where the language used is fairly simple, or older children (ages 7-12) where stories consist of several short chapters.

The Case of the Missing Z

Michael Zorn knew he was from another planet, he sure didn't feel like he belonged on this one.

Michael Zorn was angry. Every time a new teacher took over the class, the kids were moved around and seated alphabetically. For the teacher’s convenience. It didn’t matter how the kids felt about it. No more sitting next to his only friend, Josh Carter. A...

Oakley's Autumn Surprise

Sometimes change can be scary, but change is not always bad.

Please note that this is a teaching story for children. I have included some xhosa words, so they can learn both facts and a new language in a fun way that helps them understand rather than merely memorise.  Ilanga - SunImvula - Rain Umoya - Wind  In a de...

Bernard, a Very Brave Bear

Helping someone even when you're scared is the bravest act of all

Max was excited. Bubbie was coming over, and Mommy said she was bringing a surprise for him! He could barely wait to find out what it might be. He thought hard. Maybe it would be a toy truck or a new ball — or maybe even some Legos. Whatever it was, Max k...

Doughball Boy and The Bakeryboo Finding You Summer Holiday

What does a doughball turn into when he Finds Himself?

This story only available on Stories SpaceOnce upon time, in the land of Bakeryboo, there was a little town called Puddington. At the northern end of Puddington, was Apple Tart Lane. And at the end of Apple Tart Lane, was a little house called Plum Puddin...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors