Find your next favourite story now
Login

Romance Stories

Our romance section is for the true romantics among us who love stories and books where a heroic character conquers emotional hurdles and physical threats to be with the person they love.

Sub-genres in this category include regency, historical and contemporary romance, the primary focus always being the developing relationship between the hero and heroine.

In most cases stories culminate in a happily ever after ending.

Anonymous

Hamlet and James Dean Died Young

Young couple, once in love, now estranged: they discover that Shakespeare’s Hamlet was a reckless, d

about 2200 words Hamlet and James Dean Died Youngby James Foley In Virginia, an hour’s drive south of D.C., there’s a huge white house—built in the 1890s out on a point on the Chesapeake. And this summer when I drove there for a Wednesday-evening literary...

Anonymous

An Exercise in Futility

He's an uptight bibliophile and he's a messy artist. Can I make it any more obvious?

These are the first two pages of a 44-page endeavor It’s not like AJ’s known for his spontaneity, he’s not some feral college freshman. He’s not even an eager eyed person. He’s boring. He’s routine, painfully routine depending on who you talk to. Being bo...

One in a Million

She realizes dreams can come true …

 She is a big beautiful woman about five foot six with shoulder length rusty red hair and hazel eyes. In her opinion, she was nothing special (although others told her often she was). She made the effort to help anyone she met without expecting anything b...

Our Last Time

A sweet memory.

It was just after midnight on January 1, 2008. The sound of revelers and slow moving traffic going around the Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile down the Champs-Élysées drifted up to our room. Carol and I stood on the balcony of our hotel room in Paris, France w...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors
Anonymous

A LETTER TO AN IMPRISONED OBSESSOR.

it is a story about love that takes an unexpected turn when evil is done in the name of ''LOVE''

 A LETTER TO AN IMPRISONED OBSESSOR.  I gave you my heart but not my mind even though I had always lost myself in your presence, you had me, you took me, you used me, but because I had always lost myself in your presence, you could not find the real me, a...

The Dollmaker

A lonely 17 year old doll maker who creates a doll to be his companion and their struggles.

Year xxxx. Central Tech, the center of surrounding cities. Rain began to pour from the grey; cloud filled sky. Within the confines of the city's tallest building, a mature featured boy had set himself down in a chair, body parts surrounding him. Goggles p...