Find your next favourite story now
Login

Drama Stories

Our drama category is for fans of stories filled with feeling, focusing on strong dialogue and well-rounded character development.

Tragedy is a common theme, with gritty, realistic emotions driving the story.

Readers are given clear insight into characters' thoughts and taken on a deep and sometimes courageous journey.

Anonymous

The events that would end in the major’s death began to unfold long before Christmas Eve. This I know only retrospectively: until the moment the major was shot, none of us could have predicted it. One thing you learn during wartime – more than at any othe...

Unbeaten!

Chrissy was beaten, but never defeated.

This is not my story, it’s Chrissy’s story, and you’ll understand why she’s not telling it in a while. And it’s a true story, though I’ve changed the names and places for obvious reasons. The beginning of the end happened when my wife and I drove, frantic...

Over The Top

To my amazement, I didn't die!

“Goodnight, Miss. Go safely, now.”   I closed the door behind me, leaving the warm fireplace and friendly chatter behind, and stepped out into the cool night air. It had been a wonderful evening. I had only moved into the village the week before, exactly...

They say that war is hell, it is. It’s a hell I unwittingly chose. I was fifteen at the time. I lived in a little known northern town in England. Not much happened in my town. The men went to work down the mines, the women stayed at home. It was all quite...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

“Don’t wait up for me,” mom said, slamming the door behind her before she could finish her sentence, her voice muffled from the other side.I sighed and grabbed the bag of popcorn from the microwave, the corners hot on my fingers. Muttering under my breath...

The Second Formula-X Grand Prix – A Fuel Story

The biggest night in Formula-X where the stars are shining bright and eternal glory is in the air!

30th of May – Season 2 When Angela Moodley had seen the sheer amount of people when she arrived, she was shocked. The streets were packed with people arriving for the event. While she'd seen crowds before at previous pay-per-views and even at the Fuel Spe...

Anonymous

Though the Frost Was Cruel

Old Lucy wanders the streets of central Manhattan

Central Manhattan late afternoon, two weeks out from Christmas, was no place for a frail old lady, one whose entire possessions barely half-filled the rusted shopping trolley she trundled before her on the sidewalk. Not immediately obvious to the occasion...

No one can know any of what I’m about to tell, but still, I’m putting it out there. I can’t help myself, either in action or with placing dots out in the open where they can easily be connected if one were so inclined to link those dots together. Maybe I...

When I met Gayle, we were both young, young girls looking for something to do, something more than just being women in a world not built for them but in spite of them. She was not yet beautiful, she was good looking, in an expectant sort of way. She was t...