Find your next favourite story now
Login

Crime Stories

Crime fiction consists mainly of criminals and their motives, police detectives and their investigations.

Villains may range from petty thieves to serial killers, leading police on a series of twists and turns before their ultimate capture or demise.

These stories often focus on a lead detective pitting his or her wits against a shrewd villain.

My Side of the Story

The story of two crazy ex's in an odd situation

The second I saw that dirty skank I knew that couldn’t be her truck. She’d never made more than minimum wage and there wasn’t a financer in the world that was going to sell her something that big and definitely not that new. Maybe she could trick some new...

Rabbit In A Barrel

A task given to me by a writer friend - Tell me a story about good and evil, he said...

“A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflecte...

A pictorial of a disingenue

Alec, a successful IT professional, gets caught up in the calamities of a femme fatale.

Already picturing how he might need to play dead over and over again, Leana gauged Alec as the warranty for broken parts inside of herself since she couldn’t bring herself in for service. Chronically forgetful Leana pictured it would be incontrovertible t...

Walk/Don't Walk

Conversation with a street walker

------------------------------------- This work within its first few lines contains language or other material which some readers may find offensive. In consideration, Stories Space has hidden the preview of this selection. By choosing to view the piece i...

Approaching the accident I was showing my fear and trepidation. I knew they might not let me near him, but I had to get to him. It was so important to get to him. I had to see him. My tears were already falling because I knew what they would think. We had...

My Little Mystery Part 5

The group becomes six. Stefan and Natasha become suspicious of things.

Natasha sat at her desk daydreaming, as she looked out over the executive support staff. She was new to the organization, hired on to support Monica, Stefan and Cricket. Occasionally, she worked with Cal on Save the Wolves Foundation business. She was bor...

He thinks he's being funny. The sound gradually increases on the iPod deck, the rhythmic bass of Steeler's Wheel echo off the bare walls. My brother turns to me and grins. He's got two left feet and a spastic hip, completely off-beat. I feel a chill. It s...

Isolation

Sean is trying to get over the violent death of his partner whilst Jamie tries to piece it together.

He shifted and squirmed trying to relieve his aching limbs. His arms hurt, his legs hurt, everything hurt. The ground beneath him was solid and punishing; it provided no comfort, no respite from the pain. In fact it only heightened his agony. He stretched...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

There was a hand in the darkness and it held a knife. The knife had a long black handle of polished black bone, and a blade finer and sharper than any razor. If it sliced you, you might not even know you had been cut, not immediately. The knife had done a...

Suspicions

It was obviously mr walker...

Greendale Primary was a school where nothing bad ever happened. Everything was good. Most of the teachers were loved by all the pupils. But there was no teacher like Mr Morrison. Mr Morrison was an art teacher. He told the children that there was no point...

Getting Along

Just trying to get along

If there's interest in this story I will make it a series Jack jumped around, holding one hand with the other while swearing under his breath, “Son of a bitch, that hurts!” He had just hit his hand with a hammer while working on the old car he'd recently...

The Drunk Succeeds

One man's advancement

I've tried to write this as a stand alone story but might be better understood if you first read “The Town Drunk” which can be found on my page. David Meyer and his partner, Emmett Wolf, had become wealthy men when they had partnered on a gold mine. Almos...

Dream Two

A man charged with murder?

Dream Two. ForeWord Dream: A series of pictures or events in the mind of a sleeping person. Oxford Dictionary.A dream is a type of mental activity that occurs during sleep. It usually consists of visual images that tell a story, although the sequence of d...

Book 1 – Blood Is Thicker Than Water Chapter 4

C.S. Deuces is a complex story of drug dealing, murder, sex and intrigue and unexpected love

Club Simone’s The quiet streets echoed Delores’ high-pitched voice as her stout hand gripped the cell phone and opened it. “Hello… What… What time is it Tyrell? Why you calling me, boo?” She wrinkled her chocolate colored forehead as her large brown eyes...