Find your next favourite story now
Login

Mystery Stories

Mysteries focus on puzzles, unexplained phenomena, crime (including murder), where clues are cleverly disguised throughout the story.

Both the reader and the mystery-solver will be led toward a suspense-filled ending that culminates in the solving of the mystery, often with surprising results.

Gone Fishing

A young man and woman find a skeleton in a river.

  My father passed away about a year ago and so I was now alone in my house for my mother had walked out from us many years ago when I was only a child of five. The reason for that, my father told me later, was because of him being caught getting another...

Wisp of Breath

The story of a teen named Cole and his complications involving supernatural content.

A WISP OF BREATH The image is stark yet dreadful. The bristled leaves scatter across the pavement, looking old and used, reminding me of a corpse - shriveled to the very end until there is almost nothing left except for a few wisp of brown and the very co...

Dysfunctional

Truth is always stranger than fiction.

Inspired by a character created on an RPG (Role-Playing Game) site called 'Dysfunctional'. I have no idea if it is still running. Let me know what you think.------------------Who was it that said that right and wrong were just a matter of opinions? Or tha...

Battered to Death

Be careful who you invite for Dinner

As I walked towards the precisely laid dining table, I encountered a young lady suffering from two painful boils that had arisen upon her buttocks…….. She smiled and served the dinner. Later I noted the two enormous melons she was carrying, wondering if t...

The Truth About Garnette

In that moment, I knew the original story changed. . .

I The silos were all so visible as I traveled the road taking me to the Ketler’s farm. Like giant missiles, they rose into the air like tin gods ruling the very ground that grew the grain they were meant to hold. Not only were they the only edifices on th...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

The Accidental Detective part 5

So Mac, Lucy and Boba Fett walk into a basement...

disclaimer - I do not own or lay claim to any of the songs mentioned in my story. Nor to any references to characters, movies and shows “I don’t know if I can fix it” he said seriously “But I am going to try my hardest to try get you out of it” He looked...

How many miles to Babylon? Chapter One

This is a work in progress. I'm slow. I will appreciate any suggestions.

There were still twenty days to go till Christmas, but everybody was celebrating. After twelve years, ten months and nineteen days, prohibition was finally over. It was good news for the drunks, but hard luck for the people who ran the speaks, the people...

IM

The path of true love never runs smoothly...

Instant Messenger transactions recovered from hard drive of item #23 recovered from primary location search on 20/1/2009. BellotheBall says: Hey there – how r u? Didn't think you'd be online today? RocketScientist says: Hi – I'm good thanks – sorting out...

The Accidental Detective Part 3

The DI,The Gangster and The boiler suit

Wednesday This wasn’t the first time I had been hauled into a police station. There had been a drunken streak bet with Sherry during our college days. I had been busted after I tripped over some hydrangeas and fallen backwards into someone’s property... S...