Find your next favourite story now
Login

Poetry

Moments In A Coffee Shop

A love story brewed in quiet connection.

Our gazes met, a spark ignited, Hearts fluttered, love's dance invited. Warm coffee stirred, our spirits twined, Lost in trance, taste left behind. In that moment, the world stood still, Time paused, and hearts began to fill. With laughter shared and glances sweet, Each heartbeat echoed, love's soft beat. Together, a symphony divine, Absorbed, our souls did intertwine. No words spoken, volumes said, In silence, our tale w...

Dreaming…

What separates the Dreamer from the Dream…

Eyes struggle, then start to fail As I tread an oft-forgotten trail While my dizzy thoughts retreat… I see these things, beyond the veil Grandad milks into a pail Then walks back home to eat I am a slowly crawling snail Sliding sticky on a rail Seeking a rotting treat I’m an up-and-arching whale Flukes up high, then smacking like a flail Spreading stars as waves retreat Next a startled, leaping quail Leaking feathers from...

Set Me Free

Written during the mid 90's during a state of severe depression and anxiety...

Someone set me free. Someone push me over the edge. Fuck with me, make fun of me, taunt me. Push me over the great chasm I so often stand upon and finally set me free. Allow me to succumb to my twisted desires and evil impulses. I am waiting for the time to come. Waiting for the chance to be set free. I know the day will come, it must, or I'll go crazy thinking about it.

What is Love?

What Is This Crazy Thing Called Love

What is this feeling that consumes my heart, A burning passion that sets me apart? Is it mere lust, a fleeting desire, Or something deeper, that sets my soul afire? Is love just friendship, a bond that grows, Through shared laughter and tears that it knows? Or is it something more, a sacred flame, That binds two souls together, forever the same? What is love, if it's not real, A figment of our minds, a fantasy we feel? Ca...

Whispers Beyond The Veil

Journey through shadows to find hidden light.

Beyond the veil, where secrets hide, A world unknown, where dreams reside. In gentle whispers, shadows play, A land unseen, where spirits sway. What lies beyond this hidden door? A place of peace, forevermore? In twilight’s glow, we hope to find, The echoes of a heart aligned. Yet as we stand upon the brink, We ponder what the darkness brings, The pull of mystery's thread we feel, Drawing us to where dreams are real. Fear...

The Ties That Bind

Once set free do our hearts still stay bound?

Once many years ago my heart was captured, A beautiful soul's light was shared, my world sublimely fractured, My joy was instant my life enlightened, Opening like a rare flower, refusing to be frightened. Life's journey is sometimes serendipitous, Its twists and turns lead to the spiral gate within the mists, What seems real may disappear, The sounds of your own tears revealed only to your own ears. I too was sadly deceiv...

Microwaved Metaphysics

Follow These Simple Instructions. And Enjoy!

In the beginning was a box (bought wholesale at the flea circus gift shop) inside that box was a world. Outside that box were instructions: (be quiet, pay attention) __ Unwrap box along the perforated edge in the plastic provided for your convenience. Discard wrapping in recycling bin. Grab sharp utensil. stab holes inside the veil of the world. (This is so it can breathe. creation makes many beings, and worlds quite gass...

Beyond the veil, I cannot see; Does his heart still beat for me? Is mi amor forevermore? 🌹 Día de Muertos soothes my splintered heart, Pleading death does not keep souls apart. I lay one rose on my lover’s grave, A sign he’s here, I desperately crave. 🌹 Black lines crisscross upon my lips; Lips he once traced with tender fingertips. His favorite flowers adorn my hair; Inked roses embrace on skin left bare. 🌹 With papel...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Peace

Peace and the beauty of nature on a summer's night.

I A blanket of stars, bright as they are, twinkle and Dance from here to there across the indigo sky; The luminous moon peers down at the earth and Nightingales sing sweet lullabies, Lulling infants in mothers' arms to sleep. Petals of flowers close into themselves As twilight fades to night: All is at peace. II Large branches of an oak tree hang over water As I swing on a tree swing, Overlapping waves create for me A rhy...

Windblown, through a garden of leaves earth and the towering trees becoming seeds to a thousand winds hearing echoes in nature's cellophane for all to see butterflies paying homily... "Do you wanna dance and hold my hand?"

Score 2 2
1
66 Views 66
37 words 37 words

Tears I shed of loneliness in this earthly world, Cashmere while it comforts me in vexing silence, Devotedly persevering until my dying breath. The burning flame of divine Love consoles me, Silencing teardrops behind the veil. I offer this; my love, a pure white rose, A memorandum in soliloquy.

Wooden candle wicks tea lights of the dwindling poetic lilac and scented old books leaving shadows in the ointment on pages of Poe whispering to Lenore

Score 1 1
0
102 Views 102
26 words 26 words

The Broken Machine

The tragedy of the tradesmen.

Clanking, banging, jiggling the rusted bolts, the machine breaks but meanders to the chore Going forth into the forge, the flames melting the gourmets, the tracks baron form the many miles It springs a leak, the oil, the lifeblood spilling on the concrete floor The patina scrap of hardware patched together from the many stockpiles Sweltering steam rising from it’s billowing stacks The brass demands more, faster and more p...

Score 1 1
1
156 Views 156
194 words 194 words

The Meadow I walked across a meadow once, where phlox and daisies grew, their brightly colored petals lightly dipped in morning dew. A tender carpet woven from the blades of grassy green, where nature tossed some sprigs of moss to fill the in-between. The smell of blooming flowers floated sweetly in the air, and pollinators on the wing made sure they’re always there. A field of beauty cast beneath the blue and cloudless s...

Score 4 4
4
180 Views 180
307 words 307 words

It’s been two moons since I’ve heard your voice Not even your laughs could mask your choice Strained and hollow in your muted tone A far cry from the person I’ve known A wit once as sharp as a freshly forged blade, Has since drastically dulled and decayed A voice once light, bright and animated, Has since become inanimate and deflated It’s been a fortnight since I gazed upon your mouldered visage Not even the hood you wor...