Find your next favourite story now
Login

Children's Stories

Our children’s category focuses on stories suitable for readers up to the age of twelve and includes picture books, fantasy themes, fairy tales and historical fiction.

The target audience may be early readers (ages 5-7) where the language used is fairly simple, or older children (ages 7-12) where stories consist of several short chapters.

You want what

You didn't write Santa for that.

You want what? It was Christmas Eve 1996, daddy was back from the war in Vietnam. It had been a long year with daddy gone. Everyone was so excited about Christmas. We all bundled up and everyone jumped into the car to go and see all the Christmas lights....

Tangerine Cartwheels

Third grader Caralynn Campbell can not do a cartwheel and it is ruining her life!

Today I am at the community pool with my best friend Brittany and Brittany's new friend Drew. I'm wearing my favorite tangerine orange bikini. I also just had my favorite snack, which is an ice-cream taco. This should be a really fun time. Only, it's not....

Lucy's Secondhand Wand

Lucy puts a previously owned magic wand to the test.

Lucy found the magic wand at a garage sale. It was obviously used and the asking price was two dollars. “How do I know if it really works?” she asked the man behind the table. “You drive a hard bargain there, missy,” he replied. “I’ll give it to you for a...

Misadventures in the Royal Word Cellar

Theo Sorris, page to the king, seeks a cure for Princess Poubelle’s Ghoulish Mouthus.

It happened on the very day Princess Poubelle was to meet her intended, the handsome Prince John Don Ron von Finkleshteen. She came down with a wicked case of ghoulish mouthus. This frightful illness made it so everything the princess said was ill-mannere...

The Balloon from La Mancha

A deflating balloon makes a quixotic attempt at relevance.

There was once a balloon that belonged to two little brothers. He floated against the ceiling in the corner of the boys’ room, his string hanging down. When the brothers brought the silvery balloon home from the birthday party, they fought over him. Their...

Big Black

Everyone is a friend at Clay Pond; with a few exceptions.

The Adventure into Nature Begins BIG BLACK Prelude To Clay Pond The story of Clay Pond is more than a legend; its an actual account of the lives of every one who ever lived here. Each creature was important, and no one was superior to any one else. The po...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Cieren Of Glaslyn Wood

Cieren has to reach Glaslyn Wood.

Cieren Of Glaslyn Wood Cieren had to cross the deep ditch to reach the safety of Glaslyn Wood. Cieren felt very tired and hungry. Luckily it had been raining and the worms were not far from the surface of the ground. Cieren could smell them. His mouth wat...

Gabriel, the Church Mouse

Gabriel ... A mouse who lives in a church.

Gabriel was a church mouse. He lived in the old church of St. Mark's in a village in England. His parents had died two years ago. It was tragic for Gabriel. He had been made an orphan by the church cat! Whiskers belonged to the vicar's wife. She had left...

Fly Meets Spider

Never trust people you don't know.

Fly, feeling very lonely, flew around the empty office and landed on the open lap - top. She sat preening her wings , humming a little tune to herself , always keeping a look -out for her relatives , who just might be flying past. Suddenly! She saw a spid...

Simon's Story

Simon's Mystery Story

This is a story I wrote for my eight year old grandson, Simon. He asked me to write him a mystery. The setting is in the nineteenth century and I put in some school history of that period. Simon straightened from his slump and waved his hand frantically i...

Foxy, Loxy, and Dean were three best friends and spent all their time together when they were little. Foxy had a soft red coat, Dean a curly cream colored coat, and Loxy had fur as white as the moon. They played the day away, everyday, without a single ca...

The Tale of Pip the Slippery Mouse

A tale of a little mouse and his slippery treat adventure...

The Tale of Pip the Slippery Mouse Once upon a lonely hill there stood a little house. All day long the little house buzzed with busyness, just like all little houses do, for the family living inside were a busy kind of folk. There was cooking and baking...