Find your next favourite story now
Login

Micro Fiction Stories

As with our Flash Fiction category, the aim of micro fiction is to tell a complete story within a limited number of words.

Where Flash Fiction generally ranges from 100 to 1000 words, Micro Fiction submissions should be under 100 words and can cover any of the fiction genres.

The Target

The assassin's target was more than he bargained for

The killer looks down the scope at his target. He neither knows nor cares why The Boss wants this woman dead. That is not the killer's problem. The woman is undressing. Her dress slips to the floor, then her underwear. The killer watches with delight. The...

Have We Met Before

Surely we know each other

The girl walks down the sidewalk from the direction of the school. She's familiar for some reason. You don't know her but she seems like someone you have known. Makes no sense. You stumble, then continue approaching. It's hard not to glance up. Girls hate...

Headache, that’s all he’s been saying all day. I can’t help him, this is his problem. How on earth am I supposed to find a solution? I’m not a doctor, it could be anything. “Headache!” he shouts, there he goes again, blooming headache. If he doesn’t stop...

Never Lose the Dreams

Dreaming down the many lanes of life

Parallel lives in parallel worlds, dreamscapes existing within ourselves. Beginning with the achievement of consciousness and continuing as life goes on. Coming alive each sleep time. More than one landscape of surrealism to pass along as we trek down our...

Now is the time to make an announcement about the so-called "sunset city". This is the city that exists both in our dreams as well as it exists in our material future. The perfect combination of spirit and substance - that is it! Where are now the horizon...

My eyes opened to chaos. People's mouths stretched with screams, yet my ears heard nothing. Even more odd, I felt no pain. Five years later... I stood, literally and figuratively, on top of the world. Stretching my fingertips upward, I believed I could al...

How I Broke My Nose While Playing Chess At A Church Summer Camp

The inside story of how I managed to get my nose broken while playing chess at a church summer camp.

  Way back when, a friend and I were sitting behind the wired backstop to the church camp’s dusty softball field, playing chess on a small travel board, while waiting for the game in progress to end. We had cleverly positioned ourselves so both of us coul...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Winter's alluring angel beckoned me, offering me freedom and comfort. I willingly went to her, my wants lay bare.  Strangely, the bitter cold did not sting. Her fingertips set my flesh ablaze. What was dormant now sprang to life. She enveloped me, whisper...

The Age of Innocence

So many times before, so many times again

It has never escaped your memory. It lives within you still. Pulsing along the veins of your passions. The innocence revealed. It never passed away. It stayed until you remembered once again. Forever recalled each amazing satisfaction you discovered once...