Find your next favourite story now
Login

Adventure Stories

Our adventure category is for stories that tend to be more slow-paced than action stories. They share some attributes, but differ in that they are less about the destination and more about the journey.

It focuses on the camaraderie between characters, their escapades, their relationships and what brings them either closer together, or farther apart.

Adventure stories can cover a wide range of settings, from the epic, to the mundane, but every one has capers that lead to discovery in one form or another.

Blasted AUTEC Range! D.. submarines! They're right. All we are is pond scum targets. Oh well no St. Croix visit AGAIN. Wait, we're setting sea and anchor detail? Cool! Even if we are end of pier, I'll get to see that crescent shaped beach finally. Better...

Fishy Yarns

A likely tale of old Yorkshire...

'twixt the moorland villages of Clapptrap and Skandal, there runs a lovely stretch of the Twaddle. The lively river flows through the limestone gorge at Poppycock Cut, and once past Yakking Mouth it discharges its clear waters in spectacular fashion at Fa...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Dad's Love proven.

In which I disobey Dad and nearly die before rescue

Dad was a very special person to me. Here are a couple of special stories about Dad that tell you about our relationship. The first story is one set in the deep snows of a spring blizzard. We had about 4 foot of snow on the level with more in drifts. Afte...

The Wielders - Prologue

If energy cannot be destroyed, then neither can a man who puts all his energy into being powerful.

It’s said that parents often try too hard to push their children into achieving their own dreams. Despite not being a conventional parent at the time, I was no exception. Melis may have been half my age, but she showed twice the potential I did at her age...

CHAPTER 1 "The Start of a Long Journey""Get off him! Get off him now Sean!" I can hardly hear her. The muffled sound barely finds its way to my conscious mind. I feel a good sensation as I squeeze harder. As I squeezed his neck even more, I find myself fe...

There Be Draguins

A young boy's destiny.

This is the first chapter of a book I am writing for my grandson. Let me know what you think. Prelude June 16, 1611 was a dark and rainy day in the tiny Irish village of Cluain Tiobrad. Its lush green pastures made its Gaelic name of “Well of the Meadows”...

Through The Ages - chapter 11

“NOOOOO..... COME AND GET ME YOU DEMON FROM HADES!”

Celebrations!We guys were up pretty early on this very important day. After getting washed and dressed, we fairly raced to the eating hall only to find that the girls had beat us there. There they were, calmly eating as they grinned at us. Kori waved at m...